N I N E

Soo Emi

I immediately sit up and turned towards the familiar voice, only to see Hoseok standing by the bathroom door.

"What the-"

"Rule #1: Be nice to me." He holds up a finger. "Technically, you're not my assistant anymore, but you still have to be a good girl."

I was about to argue against his choice of "good girl", but that would just make him complain to my father.

I shrug. "Fine."

"But you should know..." He strolls around the bed. "I still have the power to make you work for me again."

"Really?"

"You want money? You work. Who can you work for?" He opens his arms with glory. "Your favorite boss!"

I suck on the inside of my cheek. "So you decided to keep your job and work under Lui Shanghai?"

"Of course not. After what he did to your father, I despise him and his morals." Hoseok scoffs, lowering his arms. "I went back to work with my father."

I hum, surprisingly loving something he said for once. My little to nothing respect for him just increased.

"You'll sometime break without all the glamour you previously had. This drastic lifestyle change is just...drastic" He winks and heads towards the door.

And that respect is gone.

"I will not break!" I yell, balling my fists. "I am stronger than you think, Sir-Ah-Uh-Hoseok!"

Crap, force of habit.

"No, keep calling me that. I like it." He stops in his tracks and pursed his lips out. "It's kind of...exciting hearing you call me that."

"I will call you by your name now that we are no longer in a work environment." I stubbornly state.

"Ok, ok, whatever you say." He turns to the door, chuckling.

I cross my arms, huffing.

Since he likes when I call him "sir", then what if he called me "ma'am"?

No, that's weird.

"Hey, watch out for my-"

Hoseok's foot accidentally knocks over my luggage that was carelessly left by the door.

"-luggage."

He kneels down and lifts it back up.

"So cute. A luggage with nothing in it." He mocks and finally walks out the bedroom.

"You-" I hiss, tensing my fingers.

It does have something in it! Just because it's light it doesn't mean it's empty, you baked bean! And what was with that tone? Do you think I'm not having a bad day already?!

Breathe.

Calm down.

Just ignore him, Emi.

I open my luggage and pull out a nightgown that Jisoo gifted me a couple days ago and some toiletries from the hotel.

Don't judge me.

The body wash smelled like apples.

°

I wonder what Hoseok is doing right now.

Despite being in a new environment, I was quite bored. It's not like I had a bunch of unpacking to do, and usually around this time, I would have dinner with my father.