T H I R T Y S E V E N

Soo Emi (Na Hyejin)

I stomp out of the office with my fists balled up.

J-Hope really thought I was going to seduce him. He really thought I was going to voluntarily sit on his lap and beg for his attention like a little dog.

Tch.

I have respect for myself, thank you.

I go to the break room and brewed a cup of coffee.

I, specifically, told J-Hope or Hoseok, whatever, that I will make him go back to South Korea if he was treating me like that.

Yet, he still doesn't hold back.

He thinks I'm joking?

I, angrily, pour the freshly brewed coffee in my cup.

I take back everything I said about that stupid J-Hope. He is way worse than Hoseok. Actually, they're both horrible.

Even though they're the same person.

GAH, this is making me more confused than angry!

My thoughts swirl around inside my head crazily. I wanted to scream it all out and punch my anger away at a really big pillow.

I decide to dial Jimin.

I huff out imaginary steam before ranting to him.

"Father. I am getting very frustrated right now. I want you to talk to...Sakusa..."

I almost forgot I'm not able to use his actual name.

"Please have a word with-"

My phone suddenly gets snatched out of my hand.

J-Hope stands over me, his face red with rage. He quickly closes in, causing me to bump into the counter and knock over my cup of coffee.

He roughly ends the call with Jimin and points the phone towards my face.

"What were you about to say, assistant?" His voice was low and prickly. "What was that about just now?"

"None of your business, sir." I forcibly take my phone back. "Just a phone call."

"I am appalled by how you're choosing to do your job! You can be so weak!" He erupts.

"WEAK?!"

"Hey, hey, hey." The receptionist approaches us, shaking her hands.

We turn our heads to her.

"Let's all be calm and assess the situation." She continues, keeping a safe distance from us. "We don't want to cause a commotion-"

"I already know the situation!" I shout, turning back to J-Hope. "I already knew from the start!"

"One problem and you decide to give up! Am I surprised?" He shouts back. "You become frustrated over one thing and you want to give up?"

The whole room becomes deathly silent, but I keep a strong glare on him and he does the same.

I tilt my head. "Surprised? As far as I know, we do NOT know each other at all!"

"I don't have to KNOW you to know the feelings, Hyejin. In fact, I had this assistant awhile ago who was just like you! Stubborn and weak!"

Ooohh, he went there.

I inhale through my nose. "You want to play like that? Alright! I had a boss that was like you too! He was incredibly rude! Inside and outside the work place. He treated me like trash! A pawn in his own game!"