T W E N T Y S I X

Soo Emi

"You're serious?"

Jennie sets down the duffel bag on my bed. "Yup!"

She opens it and reveals an outfit.

"Your attire, m'lady." She giggles and hands it to me. "Hurry and change into it."

"I-Isn't the skirt a little too short? The tank top is pretty low too. I'm sorry, I shouldn't be complaining."

"I had a feeling you were gonna say that. That's why..." She takes out a cardigan from the duffel bag. "I also brought this. It's to cover you up a little."

I take the cardigan, so tempted.

I've never been to a party like this and the way Hoseok described it sounded absolutely terrifying.

The thought of my father working so diligently pops up in my head and I hesitate.

"Jennie, I appreciate this, but I don't think it's a good idea for me to go." I sulk.

"Emi, forget about what Hoseok said. I'm sure he just said all that so he could be with a bunch of girls tonight and not have you see him. He's been to a couple of my boyfriend's parties and that's what he usually does."

I scoff.

He was with a lot of women at Seokjin's birthday party.

Jennie grabs my shoulders. "This is your life, Emi! Not his. You're going to have fun at this party. I'm sure of it."

I bite my bottom lip. "Y-You're right. Hoseok isn't the boss of me."

"That's the spirit!"

°

We arrive at Jennie's boyfriend's home.

The house looked like a normal family home. A royal blue, 2-story house with a lot of windows and a nice front yard. I like these typical homes. They feel safe.

But not this one.

Cars bombarded the front. Empty cups and beer bottles were thrown all over the place. Even some broken bottles, which was a serious safety hazard.

And the windows were changing colors from the lights inside. The whole house seemed to vibrate from the loud music.

Hoseok was right.

This isn't my type of party.

"Jennie, I think I should go back." I pinch her sleeve.

"You'll be fine, girl!" She gently pushes me forward.

We walk closer to the house, jumping over broken glass and dodging drunk people.

With all the cars in the way, finding the front door was way harder than it should be.