12. The Island Where Time Moves Fast

In the days that followed the boating incident with Mads and I, we haden't talked much. It was pretty much plain avoidance.

I helped Kristi choose color schemes to go well with the outside of the Inn, a beautiful mild-light green color and white. Kristi liked the idea of a non-traditional wedding. She wanted a long drawn out event.

    I sat across from her at the white wooden table near the lake. It was around nine and guests were still enjoying their breakfast on the deck. I was wearing a red sleevless floral print dress with blue and white flowers. It was our 6th and final day. Meaning it had been three days of Mads not even acknowledging my existance let along talking to me, or giving me any taste of imense pleasure.

Stop! Dont think about him!

    I was twisting the curls in my hair trying to listen to Kristi's wedding plans, expressing her dreams of having doves fly out during their first kiss as a married couple.

"That sounds besutiful," I say, trying my damndest to sound interested.

"Are you alright?" She asks me. It was sudden. My gaze moved from the lake to her.

"Of course! I'm just a little tired. Didn't get any sleep last night." She squints, not believing me.

"Come on spill it!"
I laugh, my cheeks red.

"I'm just...I'm kind of missing home. My friends and going back to my normal routine and all, I just miss it," I say innocently.

"You better get used to it here though. We'll be back here in two weeks remember. Our trip will be longer."
I nod.

"I love it here. Its just...I don't know, somethings telling me to leave, to go home."

"I have that feeling every day while in the city. Will thinks I'm just homesick, but its something else. Like you know you belong somewhere..."

The truth was, I didn't want to go home. What I really wanted was Mads to talk to me, to hug me again like he did the woods, to put me in his arms like he did when I hurt my leg, I wanted him to touch me and to kiss me. Looking back at the Inn, I let out a sigh.

He didn't want me. I knew that he just wanted to screw me and get it over with. After leaving the boat, I guess he decided to give up on the chase that had occured in less than 24 hours. I'm really not worth it anyway.

"Allison." The voice filled my brain.

I'm imagining his voice, his hands, everything. I look from the lake back to Kristi. She looks behind me and upwards. A lingering shadow falls over me.

"Allison." The accented deep voice repeats. I look up and see him. His jaw is so sharp, his cheek bones so high. He had to be carved from marbel, made from the gods. Maybe he was the true spitting image of Adonis.

"Hi, doctor," I say innocently and curiously, to not sound rude around Kristi.

"Can I see you in my office, I need to take those stitches out." I nod and stand to follow him.

     I don't smile, I stay expressionless as we walk to his office. Once inside the library, I sit on the desk. He begins to put on his gloves.

"Usually, stitches in the leg should stay in longer. But your wound wasn't so deep. I think It'll be fine. If you start to feel pain or discomfort make an appointment with your doctor, if the wound starts to beed excessively or if you start to lose feeling, go to the hospital."
I nod, expressionless.

    After removing the stitches, he removes his gloves and I begin to stand up.

"Be careful." He says. I ignore him, his voice, his presence. I have to ignore him.