31. The Island of Deepest Fears

Mads sits on the window nook as I pour antiseptic on a gauze pad, using his medical kit. I walk to him as he stares off into space, still trying to recover from his outburst.

His left knee is between my legs as I lean over him, I tilt his chin up to look at me. His hands glide up my bare legs as he holds me tightly by my thighs. I lightly dab the gauze on the broken skin on his forehead. The pain of the antiseptic causes him to dig his nails into my skin. I let him though as I lightly blow on the cut to ease the sting. I dab the cut a few more times then scrub the dried blood off of his head. After lightly blowing on the cut, I pulled away and got a new gauze full of antiseptic.
I went to him again, in the same position. He glided his hand up my legs again, holding onto me for dear life.

"Mads, I need your hands," I say to him but he doesn't move. Moving his head back down, he presses his face against my stomach, and I begin to hear his cry. My heart aches as I hear his sob.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," He sobs into my dress. The gauze falls out of my hand and I wrap my hands around his head, moving my fingers through his hair.

"Ssshhh...it's okay," I whisper to him. I lean down and press a kiss on his forehead. Mads pulls be closer until I am basically sitting in his lap, my legs straddle him. He leans his head in the crook of my neck, I begin to feel his tears falling down my shoulder.

"It's okay," I whisper again, stroking his hair.

"I'm sorry, I lost it again," He sobs.

"Ssshhh." I pull his forehead to mine and move my thumb to wipe his tears.

"You saved me, it's okay."

Mads finally lets me clean his hands, some of the blood is his from the cracking of his knuckles. Once clean, I put away his medical kit then go back to sit beside him.

Without a single word Mads pushes his lips on mine, I take him in, tasting his lips, the liqueur he had been drinking all night burns my tongue.

"Please tell me you were the one drinking scotch," He mumbles as he pulls away.

"No..."

His hands cover his face as I realize that he was tasting the scotch from Marco. I cringe at the thought and as Mads moves his hand away, looking away from me, I cup my hand around his face and kiss his cheek.

"I'm sorry." I say.

Why are you sorry? Marco hurt you, Mads went insane and hurt Marco, You were simply talking to Marco who tried to force himself on you. Yea but I was the one who tried to play this dirty, disgusting game.

I heard the banging on the door, this time a deep voice called through the door.

"Madson, we gotta talk, open up," Robert called out. I stood up but Mads pulled me back.

"Don't leave," He said sternly. I nodded then walked to the door and opened it to find the sheriff staring at me, he pushed his way through and I immediately closed it behind him.

"Allison, dear, I think you should-," Robert began but Mads stood up and protested.

"No, she's staying right here!"

Robert was shocked and puzzled. I went to sit by the desk to give both of them space, but Mads walked to my side.

"My boys told me everything." Robert said. "But holy shit! You nearly killed that man! and for what? because he was making out with the girl you just broke up with?" Robert said as he began to pace.

"No, that's not why," Mads said waving a hand to rid him of the thought.

"Then why?"

"I told Marco I didn't want to, he just wouldn't take no for an answer, he began to get physical and suddenly, Mads was there," I explained. Robert tried to think for a couple moments while Mads tried to settle down.