16. The Island of Slips

I had tried my best to not think of what had happened last night, only because I didn't want to get used to it. Mads only wanted sex. He didn't want me, and that was ok. But it would be nice to know that someone wanted me.

I had just finished my morning shower, I dried off in the shower to not get the bathroom floor wet, then I reached around the door of the shower to the hook on the wall that held my robe. Placing my robe on and stepping out of the shower, I did not plan on what occured next.

The tile slipped right from under me, sending me on my back on the bathroom floor. The full length mirror by the counter collided with my head. A sharp crack rippled through the mirror as did the pain in my head. I looked up at the ceiling, my vision blury. Nearly unable to gather my surroundings. I reached for the back of my head and met the pain as well as the dripps that came from my hair, but when I looked at my hand blood dripped from my fingertips. I sat up which caused me to nearly fall back in a daze. The dizziness, the pain, and the blood.

I pulled myself to my feet, leaning on the counter to the door. I pulled it open and straitened my robe. I needed to find Mads. That was the one thing that I knew to do. He was a doctor.

I stumbled my way to the door and nearly slipped again, my heart beating out of my chest in worry. I gripped the handle and opened the door, light stung my eyes. I stumbled to the banister to look down. Kristi was talking to Will by the buffet of coffee and fruit.

"Kristi!" I called out.
My hand grasped me head. She looked up confused at my state.

"Allison? Are you okay?" She called up. Guests were gathered on the back deck, some walking by, but none were staring.

"Can...get Mads," I breathed out gripping the banister. But before I knew it the darkness had taken over my eyes and I was out like a light.

I awoke to Will, Kristi, and my parents staring over me. I was laying in my bed, the covers pulled over me.

"Deffinitly has a concussion. She'll need rest, water. She might vomit, she might have a fever, but she'll be fine, I'll just watch her closely." Mads is sitting on a chair that was placed beside my bed.

"Now that she's awake. I do have to ask her some questions...personal questions...if you don't mind," he gestures my family to the door. My parents slightly sigh of annoyance as they leave.

Sorry you can't always ignore me.

With the door shutting. I attempt to lean up but Mads pushes my shoulders down.

"Elsker...what happened?" He sighs.
I simply point to the bathroom. He chuckles.

"I saw the mirror with blood on it. Did you slip?" He is wary.

"Yes...it really hurt too..." I try to lighten the mood with a giggle but Mads doesn't looked amused.
He sighs again.

"What am I going to do with you," he says leaning down to press a kiss on my forehead then on my lips. He is gentle which is very unlike him.

"I'll be fine," I reassure him trying to sit up again.

"Yes, you will be, because you're staying in bed." He pushes me down again.

"You mean I actually have a reason to stay in bed?" I say sarcastically.

"Yes, with me at your beck and call."
I smile at this idea. He smiles back.

"Now...I do have a doctor's question for you...a very awkard one."
I swallow hard and close my eyes as my head continues to throb.

"Ask away, doctor."
He tilts his head and clenches his jaw, not wanting to ask the question.

"Is there any possibility...that you...that you may be pregnant?"

I begin to laugh, which hurts my head, but I continue this leaning to Mads in my hysteria.

"What is so funny? I'm serious, if you-" he begins to explain but I shut him up with one simple sentence.

"I'm a virgin."
He looks at me bemused. Shaking his head with confusion.

"No you're not..."

I nod, "Yea, I am. In fact...you were the first guy to kiss me..."

He leans back, thinking about all of it. Shaking his head some more, the confusion has swarmed him completely.

"No other guy..."

I shake my head, "No other guy."
He begins to smile.

"I have you all to myself?" He thinks aloud.

I chuckle, "Whoa, stop it right there! We've done things but-"

"But what? I have full intention to shove my-"

"Oh god! Don't start!"

"Sweetheart, we've already started. I plan to finish."

Finish?

My smile fades in an instant. Was that his whole plan? Get in my pants and toss me aside? Not an affair? No constant escapades. He was just teasing me to get me to actaully spread my legs for him. Anger begins to fill me, confusion then takes hold, and suddenly sadness.
He realizes this and thinks about what he said.

"Allison...I didn't mean it like that."

Finish? He means screw me and end it. To finish me off. To get what he wants and get out. Not multiple times of sweet, desirable, sex but one time to finish me off.

"Can you please go." I find myself saying this without another thought.

"Allison, I-"

"Go...please." I don't yell, I don't sound angry or sad. I sound tired.
With a sigh, Mads stands up and goes to the door, leaving me in a confused state.

Why does he do this?

A/N:

What do you think? Please leave a comment and let me know.

Please vote, follow, and share.

Lots of love

-Annelie Leddy