The Island of Love Part II

A/N:

I am re-publishing this part due to the problems the last time. If it gets marked private by Wattpad again, I will post a clean part. I am sorry for the issues with marking it private but I was not given the option to not make it private. 

Lots of Love!

- Annelie Leddy

________________________________________________________________________________

Mads and I took some time alone to calm down. He went in his office to read and get his mind off of Josh's actions, and I went back to my plan of making sure things were in order for the wedding.

Once done calling the company hired to build the stage, I called Kristi to update her on the table situation which she said not to worry about. She asked how my stay was and I explained that I had fallen off the dock and got hurt again but only a few bruises.

"Kristi...Did you invite an Angela to the wedding? Your aunt?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Yes! Did you meet her? I knew she'd arrive early! Alli, I need you to do something for me."

"Depends on what it is."

"I know my uncle Mads and you have a lot in common, he's actually taken a liking to you, which is odd because he doesn't really like people, but I think it's because you two are book smart people, you know, and I was hoping you could convince him to have dinner with my aunt Angela. They divorced years ago but they still love each other, I know they do, Mads hasn't dated since and he's just so sad. Angela was the only woman to make him happy and she told me that she feels terrible about how things ended. I just want then to reconcile, not get remarried, but maybe try something, make each other happy again," She explains. My brain is hurting, my muscles aching, my throat burning, guilt pierces my heart. I can't agree to this! I won't! He's mine! He's yours? Yes, he's mine!

"I...I don't feel comfortable trying to play match maker, Kristi, I'm sorry," I try to sound as If I'm distant.

"Oh come on! He would thank you later, he loves her, I know it!"

"Um...I...I can't. I don't know him that well, and maybe they ended on bad terms because they weren't meant for each other. It's better not to stir the pot, you know."

"Their divorce was a sin! They love each other, and If you don't do it now, I'll just have to do it after next week," She says with a groan.

"I'm sorry Kristi, I just don't think it's good to get involved in things like that."

"It's okay, I shouldn't have asked you, I know you're not exactly...knowledgeable in the love department, but I'm desperate," She explains. I glare at the trees in front of me, picturing the blonde haired wench. I clench my teeth and hold it back like I always do.

"It's okay, I understand. I hope it works out," I say. You hope it works out?

We exchange goodbyes and I walk back inside with a knot in my stomach.

Mads has a basket on the counter.

"You like red wine, right?" He asks as I enter.

"Are you really asking that question?" He laughs.

"We'll steal the good wine from the Inn."

I watch him move to basket examining its contents.

"You like Italian food right?" He asks.