14. The Island of Aligators

It was late friday afternoon, the boat had docked and I had expected Mads to pick us up, but to my relief he was no where in sight. It felt like deja vu as Kristi rushed to a stranger at the end of the dock, hugging the man. The only different was that I didn't feel the paralyzing attraction like when I saw Mads.

The man was tall, around 55 years of age, he wasn't as built as Mads but he looked like he had once been a very energetic young man with muscles of rock. He wore a police uniform.
I grabbed my bags, a suitcase (Kristi bought me), my backpack with my laptop, and a leather shoulder bag. I rolled my bag to the end of the dock where the man greeted my family.

I knew that with my parents and Will here that I would be completely unnoticable. I was like a ghost, people would ignore me completely, just as I prefered.

The man was Robert Struhst, Kristi's third uncle and sheriff of the island.
I shook his hand when it became my turn, he was about to turn to my mother but suddenly stopped and looked at me again. Laughter roared from the large man nearly making me jump.

"So you're the Allison that my boys won't shut up about. They are absolutely love struck," he said laughing. I gave a smile.

"Is that a good thing?" I say jokingly.

"Allison!" My mother says with disapproval but Robert interjected continuing with my joke.

"Trust me these boys do some stupid shit and to have them wrapped around your finger, I suggest you milk it for all ita worth," he laughed.
My parents gave me a cold look of disapproval.

So it begins...

    At the Inn, I was given the same room, I settled in nicely and tried to stay in my room for as long as possible, expecting for someone to come knocking telling me to join the party. But no one did.

It was about 8 at night, I was laying in bed begging the gods to let the bed swallow me hole. I didn't want to see Mads, and I didn't want to run into Ben, whom haunted my nightmares.

I didn't want to play nice and have my parents lecture me on how my posture could have been better, how I could have said something smarter, always smarter. I didn't want to screw up and hear the wrath of my fathers anger as he yelled and screamed at me for embaressing him.

Will had been the perfect child, always got good grades, always loved by his peers, always went beyond the expectations my parents had. I however, was the child they dreaded having. I got good grades and was loved by many, I never had issues with other students throughout high school, never got arrested, never did drugs, never did a single "bad" thing in my life. But because of my social awkwardness growing up, being shy and self concious, my parents had to deal with the social reprocussions.

Both of my parents had jobs that dealt with social status, with that being said, dinner parties, smiling and talking to strangers in italian suits became a norm. What also became a norm was screwing up, whether I walked in my heels wrong or whether I didn't represent my family as well as Will, I was scolded on a daily basis.

The only person, however, that taught me that my parents were wrong to treat me this way was Will. I never hated my brother for being perfect because he was always there for me.

Now what? I was infatuated with his fiance's adoptive father. I had kissed and was given imense pleasure by the man who raised my brothers fiance.

Do I regret it? Somewhat.

Mads was so enjoyable, his anger made him sexy as hell, his controlling nature made me want to go down on my knees, and he was so sweet when I was scared of that dog, not to mention the time he carried me through two miles down a rough trail to fix my leg.

Mads was insatiable, however. There was no way a virgin, plain-jane, awkward, anti-social nut case like me could please a confident, blunt, arrogant, controlling, anger built dane like him.

I had to plan out the next two months carefully. Ignore Mads, do and say what my parents tell me, help Kristi, don't screw things up, and make sure this wedding goes as planned so that I can graduate, get a job and leave my parents for good......okay that was way more than just two months, but it was a golden plan. Stay quiet, stay hidden, don't make a scene, hell! Don't even talk. Thats what I had been doing for the past two hours.
Laying on the bed, sinking away.

   I didn't realize that i had fallen asleep until a knock came at my door at around 10 at night. I stumbled out of bed and opened the door. Will appeared in the doorway.

"Come downstairs, someone wants to see you..."

Confused yet intrigued, I follow my brother down the staircase to the great hall.

Guests had dispearsed to their rooms, leaving my parents sitting on a couch with wine, Mads standing with a glass of scotch by the fireplace and Kristi smiling and sitting in a chair across of my parents. A man stood infront of my parents, his back to me. I approached the group of familiar faces. As the man turned around my heart froze, the blood from my face drained and I literally became a ghost.

"Allie-gator!"

It was someone that over the last three years had made my life hell.

Josh Wrens.

The brown haired, quarterback, who had been my brothers best friend since Freshman year. Yet, three years ago, Josh had the audacity to grab my ass at my graduation part, ever since then he had tried numerous times to grope, spank, wink, and flirt with me.

Josh was a terrible friend who had technically sexually assaulted his best friend's little sister numerous times. There was no way, however, I was gonna say anything. The blame of ruining a long friendship would be placed on me.

Josh wrapped me in a hug, lifting me off the ground and twirling me in a circle. He turned me out of view from my parents, towards the fireplace, both of Josh's hands cupped my ass in a firm tight squeeze.
The sudden coughing erupted as Mads nearly choked on his drink. He must have seen Josh's grasp because once he was composed after coughing up a lung, he gave Josh a look I had never seen before. It was terrifying.

Remembering how pissed Mads got when I flirted with Christopher and Reed, knowing what he had said to me; "Don't flirt with anyone else, ever again."

Josh had touched me and Mads was not just angry about it, he was beyond furious. I needed to reassure Mads before his danish anger became known and questionable.

"Josh! My second favorite brother," I laugh. My attempt didn't help Mads relax, however, instead he goes to Kristi.

"I would love to stay longer, dear, but sadly I must get up extremely early to do some work before we can have any fun," He explains.
She nods and gives him a peck on the cheeck. He leaves hastily, giving me a concerning yet charming look when he passes me.

Why does he have such a temper around me?

A/N:

What do you think? Please let me know by commenting.

Before reading further, I'd love for you guys to comment what you think will happen.

Please vote, follow, share.

Lots of love

-Annelie Leddy