Chapter Eleven: Troubled

5:48pm.

We were sitting in our room and watching the television. I heard my phone buzz. I picked up my phone, which was sitting on the couch right beside me. I looked at the lock screen and saw that I had a message from Sam.

'Hey babe, just wanted to know how your flight was. Is the room nice? Have you... like, you know...yet?' I began texting her back.

'Boring, very! And it's absolutely none of your business!! OMG!' I texted back and my phone buzzed again.

'Okay, okay... Have fun!' I locked my phone and placed it back down beside me, Johnny turned and looked at me with a grin on his face.

"What?" I asked at his expression.

"Oh, nothing, I just had a great idea." He said, with the smirk still lingering on his face.

"Okay... And what would that great idea be?" I said, as I straddled his lap and placing my hands on his shoulders.

"It's a surprise." He said placing his hands on my hips. He leaned up and kissed me tenderly. He pulled back and giggled. "Now, go and get ready. Dress formally and don't forget to look gorgeous... as always. Call over that stylist... Treat yourself." I climbed off of his lap and walked towards the telephone by the entrance and dialed the number for the stylist.

"Hello, Maryanne from La Style & Beauty. How can I help you?" A voice said over the phone.

"Hey. This is Leah Walkers, I wou-" I said before I got cut off.

"Oh! Hello, Leah! I'll be there right away!" She said before hanging up. I put the phone back on its holder and walked into our bedroom. I walked into the walk-in closet and looked at the bags sitting on the floor; earlier dropped off by a few bellboys. The all read a blur of 'Chanel','Gucci', 'Nike' or 'Adidas'. I started pulling out clothes and admire the foreign brands; the bags lined with multicolored crepe paper. I heard the 'ding' of the elevator, arriving at our level.

A tall stocky woman waltzed into our room carrying a purple tool box. "Hello? Leah?" I heard her yell out.

"Hi," I said walking out into our living quarters. I looked towards the couch and noticed Johnny no longer there. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked towards Maryanne. She had her hand out in anticipation looking at me like I was a lunatic. I took her hand. "I'm Leah," I said shaking her hand.

6:45pm.

Maryanne picked out a silver, slim fitting silk dress, and a black fur coat, for the snow. I slid on my black pumps and clicked my way across the marble floor to the bathroom.

Maryanne was touching up my smokey eye and lip gloss when I heard the 'ding' of the elevator.

Maryanne said her goodbyes and left. I looked at Johnny, expecting lustful eyes and lovely compliments; but was met by a frown, looking me up and down. I looked down at my pampered feet and heard Johnny sigh audibly. I put my fingertips to my neck and felt the cold metal on my neck; the necklace Johnny gave me on our first date.

I raised my head and looked at Johnny. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"Nothing." He grunted. "Don't worry about it. Let's just enjoy our night." He said then walked towards the elevator.

We walked out of the hotel and down the bustling street. I could hear people screaming and gasping. I reached for Johnny's hand, but he pulled his hand away. Paparazzi began to run up and snap pictures, but we both kept our heads down and kept walking. Although, I couldn't stop thinking about Johnny's behavior this afternoon.

We walked into the restaurant, sat at our reserved table and ordered our drinks.

7:02pm.

I watched as Johnny stared, emptily, into his scotch-on-the-rocks.

"John-" I whispered, attempting to break through the tension.

"Don't, Leah." He grunted and snatched the scotch from the table. "Let me speak." And in one, single swing; he threw down the whole glass of scotch.

"Why are you like this?" I whispered in fear.