Chapter Sixteen: Sickness

7:39 am, 20th of February, Sunday.

I sat up and suddenly felt sick to my stomach. I stood up and hurried to my bathroom, feeling the vomit rising in my throat. I got to the toilet threw up the lid. I vomit and tonnes of acid and last night's dinner was suddenly expelled from my body.

I stood up, went to the vanity and brushed my teeth. I flushed the toilet and walked out to my bedroom. I lied back down into the bed and closed my eyes.

*flashback*

7:06 am, 15th of January, Monday.

I woke and sat up. I felt a gurgling in my stomach but didn't take any notice. I stood up and suddenly the gurgling feeling turned to the need to throw up. I went to the bathroom and threw up into the toilet.

I heard footsteps coming from the hall. My mother suddenly burst through the bathroom door, with a worried look on her face.

"Are you okay? I heard you from the living room." She said, putting her hand on my back.

"I-I don't know..." I said, standing up and walking to the vanity.

"This has been going on for too long!" She said. "Get dressed, I'm taking you to the doctor."

7:38am.

I was sitting in the chair, opposite the doctor.

"Have you eaten anything out of date in the last twenty-four hours?" He said, looking at me over his glasses.

"No, not that I can recall," I said, feeling a little uneasy.

"Okay." He said, standing up from his desk chair. "I'm going to do an ultrasound."

"Why?" My mum said, sounding worried.

"Just to check if she has an ulcer in her stomach." He said.

I stood up and walked over to the bed. I laid down and he pulled my shirt up. I rolled over a monitor and picked up the gel from the caddy. I squirted the cold gel onto my stomach and placed the remote to the gel. A black and white image came onto the screen.

"Hmmm." He hummed.

"What!?" My mum said, sounding exasperated.

"Leah, have you had any unprotected sex recently?" He said, looking at the monitor.

I racked my brain. I could quite remember... Until it hit me. Shit!

"Yes," I said. I will never forget the look on my mother's face; pure shock.

Suddenly a heartbeat came out of the monitor.

"Leah, you are seven weeks pregnant."

*end of flashback*