Chapter Fourteen: Home is Where The Heart Is Supposed To Be.

5:36 pm, 18th of February, Friday.

It's been two months and two weeks and six days since I last heard from Johnny.

I looked down at my bulging belly, under my emerald green, cocktail dress. I placed a hand over my stomach, doing so soothed me. I looked at my left hand and looked at the intent of the missing ring. I put my right hand on my left ring finger, and the hole in my chest widen.

I felt a tear stroll down my face, I heard my door click open and looked up when my door slowly opened to reveal my mother peeking in. I quickly wiped away the stray tear."Are you ready sweetie?" She said, looking down at my outfit.

"Y-yeah," I said, nodding and walking towards the door.

Today is my little brother, James' birthday. He is finally turning two.

I walked out into the living room to see all of my family standing in the living room, chatting amongst themselves. The house was decorated with red and blue ribbons, streamers and party decorations. I looked down, wary of all the eyes in the room.

I was glued to my mother's side before my Aunt Maria ran over, with the champagne swaying in the glass clenched in her hands.

"Leah! You look..." Her eyes made their way down to my stomach, and a look of disgust filled her face. "Gorgeous." She swiftly grabbed my wrist and dragging me to the kitchen; where no one was in earshot. "What happened?" She said although it sounded more like a command, not a question.

Although I love my Auntie Maria, she can be stubborn, bitchy and feisty; and not in a good way.

"You know... Johnny?" I said, memories flooding my mind.

"What about him!?" She said through her gritted teeth.

"Mum didn't tell you, did she?" I said, looking down.

"Obviously not." She said, rolling her eyes. "Look, all I wanted to point out is that you are far too young for... That!" She said, gesturing to me. "It's not too late..."

"No," I said, abruptly.

"What!?" She yelled.

"No! No, I'm not going to have an abortion." I said.

"Fine." She said, abruptly. "You can reap the consequences." She said, before walking out the door.

Reap the consequences. What did she mean by that? I thought.

Now, my Aunt Maria is single, childless, and a bitch. I doubt she has any inkling of motherhood; but, then again, neither do I.

5:45pm.

I stood up from my bed and walked down the hall and past my mother's bedroom.

"Laura, your an idiot to allow her to go through with it."

"Maria, what am I supposed to say? It's her decision." I heard my mother reply. There was a moment of silence before she spoke again. "You don't know what she's been through the past couple of months... When she came home... She was a complete mess."