Chapter Seventeen: It's Time!

4:46pm. 9th of August. Tuesday

I struggled to take a seat down on the lounge, my large belly getting in the way. I sat and watched my mother hurriedly run around; preparing my suitcase for the hospital.

"Leah, we need to prepare. You are due any minute." She said out of breath.

"Your acting like you're the one whose pregnant," I said, smiling. I looked down at my stomach and smiled. I can't wait to meet you [unknown gendered], baby.

"Leah, darling. I've gone through this situation twice. Please, I know what I'm doing." She said, putting her hands on her hips. "Now, is there anything else that you can think of?"

"No," I said. "Mum, just sit and calm down."

She took the seat next to me and exhaled deeply.

"How does a frozen mango sound?" I said.

"I'll get it." She said, standing up.

"No," I said, stopping her. "I'll get it." I went to stand up but stopped when I felt a sudden warmth in-between my legs. I looked down and saw liquid trickling down my legs. "Mum, either I just peed myself or..."

"Or your water has just broken." She said getting up from her seat. "Steven! It's time!" She yelled.

My father came running from the kitchen and looked at me with wide eyes.

"I'll get the suitcase. You get the towels!" My mother ordered. "Come on sweetie." She putting her hand on my back.

She led me to the car and opened the passenger side door. Dad came over and laid towels on the seat. I sat down and closed my door. My mum ran around the car, got in the driver's seat and waited for my father to get in.

"Steven! This is no the time to dilly-dally!" She said.

He got in and she drove off.