Chapter 10

*Dakota's POV cont.*

"You know what would make me happy?" Peter asked. I looked at him. "A kiss?" I asked, smiling. "Well yes but also if you laid down next to me." I kissed his lips. "Okay," I said, pulling away. I laid down next to him. I wrapped my legs around his leg and I put my arm on his stomach. I laid my head on his shoulder. "I love this. We gotta lay like this more often," Peter said. I looked up at him and kissed his cheek. He looked at me. "You are so adorable," Peter said. "You are, too." There was a knock at the door. "Come in," Peter said.  The door opened and Eric walked inside. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Peter asked. Eric shut the door. "I'm sorry for shooting you. I didn't mean to almost kill you. I'm still mad, though, of how you talked to me." "Well thanks for apologizing. I'm not apologizing," Peter said, coldly. "I apologized for how I acted. Why can't you?" "I don't need to apologize. You deserved the way I talked to you." "I deserve an apology." "Can you leave Peter alone? He's already not feeling well cause you had to take things too far," I said. "Shut up bitch. No one asked you." "Don't talk to Dakota like that," Peter snapped. "I just did," Eric said. "I'm sorry," I whispered. I got up and walked over to Eric. "What are you gonna do? Beat me up? Good luck with..." I pushed Eric against the wall. I grabbed the collar of his shirt and lifted him up in the air. "Leave me and Peter alone," I said. "And what would you do if I don't?" I punched Eric in the face. "You listen to what I say and we won't have a  problem," I said. "Okay okay just let go of me," Eric said. I let go of him. He punched me in the face. I fell to the ground, holding my cheek. "That's what you get for punching me." Eric left. I stood up. "Sweetheart, I'm so sorry. Come here," Peter said. I walked over to Peter. Peter grabbed my hand. "Come lay next to me." I laid down on the bed. He wiped the tears from my face. "I'm so sorry," he whispered as he gently touched my cheek. I laid my head on his chest. He wrapped his arm around me and rubbed my back. "I love you," I said. "I love you, too, Dakota." "I'm sorry I hit Eric. I didn't want to but he was annoying me." "I'm glad you did. I hate him. You know what's awkward?" "What?" "I lost my virginity to him at age 14. So gross. You are the only one who knows this." "That's awful." "Yes it is. I hate him so much." There was a knock at the door. "Here, let's switch sides just in case if it's Eric," I said, as we switched. "Come in," I said. The door opened. Jasmine walked inside the room. I got up and ran over to her. "Hey Jasmine," I said, hugging her. "Hey Dakota." I looked down. "Wow," I said, putting my hand on her stomach. "Yeah, I'm not wearing a sweatshirt so it's showing." "Does that mean...?" "Yeah, she found out when I was about to go to sleep." "And?" "She's happy. But at least my dad is good looking." "Well you will be a great mom." Jasmine smiled and looked over at Peter. "Eric told me where you were. What happened?" "What did he say?" Peter asked. I walked over to Peter and sat down next to him. Jasmine sat down in a chair. "Well, he said that you were gonna kill him but you tripped and accidentally stabbed yourself." "My brother shot me." "Oh my god. Luckily, you survived." "I'm glad he did too," I said, looking into his eyes. "I love you," Peter said. "I love you, too." "You guys are so cute together." "Thanks," Peter said. "Well I hope you feel better," Jasmine said, getting up. "Thanks." "Goodbye Dakota." "Bye Jaz," I said, hugging her. Jasmine left. I laid down next to Peter. "You are so damn gorgeous," Peter said. "And you are so damn hot," I said, smiling. Peter smiled. The door opened and a doctor came in. "Dakota, visiting hours are over." I looked at Peter. "Goodbye Peter," I said, looking into his eyes. "Goodbye love." I kissed his lips. I got up and walked out of the room. Eric was standing there. "Need a ride?" he asked. I looked around then back at Eric. "I thought you were home." "I was but I came back. Figured you needed a ride." "Why would I get in a car with you?" "Then walk home." "Fine. Let's go." Eric walked away and I followed. We got into his car and he drove off. "Why do you hate me?" I asked, looking out the window. Eric chuckled. "I don't hate you." "But you don't like me," I said. "I like you, Dakota." "You do?" "Yeah. You're the only one who has ever fought back." "Why do you hurt Peter?" "Now that's none of your business." "So how come you treat me like shit?" I asked. "Cause you treat me like shit." "Yeah because I'm standing up for me and Peter." Eric looked over at me and smiled. "What?" I asked. "You're very pretty." "Shut up," I said, rolling my eyes. "You are. I like that you fight back, too. God, your eyes are so pretty, too." "Thanks but I'm with Peter." "He wouldn't have to know." "Stop Eric." "I'm sorry." I leaned my head against the window. I looked up at the sky. "Would you like to stay at my place tonight?" Eric asked. "Hell no. I can stay at my apartment." "Would you like me to stay there?" "No. I don't fucking want you." "I know. I just wanted you to be safe and not alone." "I'm 18 years old. I can handle myself." "Aww you're a little one." He pulled into the parking lot of the lot of the apartments. "Thanks for the ride." "You're welcome. I hope to see you soon, my beautiful Dakota." "Shut the fuck up," I said, getting out of the car. I slammed his door shut and walked away. I got to my apartment. I walked inside. I walked into my bedroom and laid down on my bed. I looked at the time and it was 9 o'clock pm. I was just about to fall asleep when I heard a knock on the door. I sighed and got up. I walked over to the door and opened it. Eric was standing there. "Eric, what the fuck do you want?" He pulled from behind his back a bouquet of flowers. "Here," he said, handing them to me. "Why did you get me these?" "I thought I could make you smile." I looked at the flowers and smiled. "I should go," Eric said. "No. You can come in if you'd like." Eric smiled and walked inside. I shut the door. Eric looked down at the gun that was left on the ground. He walked over to the gun and picked it up. "No, Eric, please," I said, backing away from him. "I'm not going to shoot you. I promise." He put the gun down. "Do you want anything to eat?" I asked. "No, it's fine." "You can sit on the couch if you want." Eric walked over to the couch and sat down. I walked over and sat down next to him. "So, you live here by yourself?" "Yup. I did have a roommate but now I don't." "What happened?" Eric asked. "He was my boyfriend but he cheated on me so I kicked him out." "Oh, that's awful." "Yup." "God, how did Peter ever cheat on you? You are so pretty." "Eric, stop," I said, blushing. "Is it alright I stay here?" Eric asked. "I guess. I don't want you driving in the dark. But you stay on this couch." "Thanks." "You're welcome. Well, I'm gonna go to bed. It's been a rough day." "Goodnight, Dakota." "Goodnight, Eric." I walked into my room. I laid down on my bed and fell asleep. I woke up screaming. Eric raced into the room. "Dakota, what's wrong?" "Bad dream. I'm sorry to wake you." "No, it's fine. Listen to music. It will help you fall back asleep." "I'll try that. Thank you." "No problem." Eric walked over to my door. "Eric, wait." Eric looked at me. "What?" "I shouldn't be letting you do this because it's wrong but can you sleep with me? I don't want another bad dream. I'm not used to being alone." Eric smiled and walked over to me. He laid down next to me. "Do you want me to wrap my arms around you so you feel safe?" "Uh sure, I guess." Eric wrapped his arms around me. "Goodnight Dakota." "Goodnight Eric." We fell asleep.