Chapter 29

*Peter's POV cont.*

We got to Kam's house. Kam has a studio in his house. We walked inside. I ran upstairs to his studio. I sat down at a chair and started playing the piano. "Natalie, she ran away with all my money. But she did it for fun. Natalie, she's probably out there thinking it's funny," I sang. "Natalie?" "Yeah. I'm replacing her name but I will explain what the song is about in an interview after the song is released." Dakota said down next to me. "Well I'm digging a ditch, for this gold digging bitch. Watch out, she's quick," Dakota sang while playing the piano." "Look out for that pretty little thang, yeah Natalie," I sang. "There's your chorus," Dakota said. "I'm pumped for this," I said. "Let's keep working on it." We kept working on the song. "How's the song coming?" Kam asked. "Good," I said. He handed us dinner. "Thank you," Dakota said. "You're welcome." Kam left. We ate dinner. We kept working on the song. It was eleven. Dakota laid her head on my shoulder. "Let's go to sleep," Dakota said. "I wanna finish this." Dakota kissed my cheek. "Goodnight," she said. "Goodnight baby." She left. I continues working till 3 am. I finished the song. I got up and walked out of the studio. I walked into my room and Dakota was cuddling with Geronimo on the bed. It was so cute. I took off my shirt and pants. I put a pair of sweatpants on and laid down on the bed. Geronimo licked my face. "I love you too bud," I whispered. I laid my head on his side and fell asleep. I felt something licking my face. "Dakota, stop. What if the guys see?"I asked with my eyes closed. I looked up and saw Geronimo standing above me. I looked over and saw Dakota standing at the doorway, laughing. Geronimo laid on me. "What time is it?" I asked. "Almost 12 pm. Did you finish the song?" "Yes I did. Finished it at 3 am," I said. "Damn, you really wanted to finish that song," Dakota said, laughing. "Yeah. I fell like shit," I said, rubbing my eyes. Dakota walked over to my bed and sat down next to me. She started patting Geronimo. "He's adorable. Like you," Dakota said. I smiled and grabbed her hand. "I love you, baby girl." "I love you too." She kissed my lips. "Damn, Geronimo. What have I been feeding you? You are so heavy," I said, struggling to breathe. "Geronimo, come. Let's get you a steak," Dakota said. Geronimo got down and ran out of the room. "Do I get a steak?" I asked with puppy eyes. Dakota laughed. "Of course. Come on, Peter. Come, boy." I got out of bed and ran out of the room like Geronimo. I heard Dakota laughing so hard. I stood up and looked into my room. Dakota was on the ground, laughing so hard. I walked over to her. Tears were running down her face. "I...I can't breathe," she said, laughing. "Damn girl. Breathe," I said. I helped her up. "Why was that so funny?" I asked, chuckling at how red Dakota's face was. "I don't know. You just looked so funny running out of the room like a dog." I heard Geronimo bark. We looked over and saw him standing at the door. "Let's go. He's mad cause he wants his steak," I said. We walked out of my room. We got downstairs. Geronimo ran into the kitchen. "God. Did you train him to do that?" "Yes, actually," I said, walking into the kitchen. "Alright, let me cook up those steaks," Dakota said. "They aren't ready yet?" I asked. "No." Dakota grabbed the steaks. "You know how to grill those?" I asked. "Babe, I'm not stupid. I know how to cook." "Alright. We will see about that," I said. Dakota went outside. I walked over and sat down on the couch. Geronimo sat down next to me. Kam came into the room. "Dude, is Dakota grilling some steaks?" he asked. "Hell yeah." "Yes! I hope she can cook steaks." "Same." After a while, Dakota handed me, Geronimo, and Kam our steaks. I bit into mine. "Damn, girl. You do know how to grill a steak," I said. "Hell yeah. This is so good," Kam said. "I guess Geronimo agrees with us. It's all gone," I said, chuckling. "Wow," Dakota said, laughing. "Are you going to eat?" I asked. "Nah I'm not hungry," Dakota said. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yeah. I'm just a little tired." "Come sit next to me and watch TV. Geronimo can move over so you can fit." "It's okay. Geronimo can stay." "Geronimo, down," I said. Geronimo jumped down and laid on the ground. "Come here, baby," I said. She walked over to me and sat down. She leaned her head against my shoulder. "Are you feeling okay?" I asked. "Yeah. Like I said, I'm just a little tired." "Are you sick because you laughed too hard," I asked. "No," Dakota said, giggling. We watched TV for a while. Kam and Dakota fell asleep. Dakota was sleeping on my lap. Man, she's adorable. I don't know how my life would be without her. "Peter?" "Yes, Dakota?" "I love you," she said, smiling. "I love you too, darling." "Is Kam sleeping?" Dakota asked, still laying down on my lap. "Yes. You don't feel his head on your back?" "His head is on my back?" "Yeah. That savage," I said. Dakota giggled. "How is he not awake yet?" Dakota asked. "He's a heavy sleeper sometimes." "I'm so tired," Dakota said, yawning. "Go back to sleep, baby girl," I said, running my hands through her beautiful red hair. "No, it's okay. I need to get my wallet out of your car. I'm thinking about going to the mall later if you want to come." "Yeah, sounds good." Dakota sat up. "Dakota, I was comfortable," Kam said, sitting up as well. "Sorry, Kam." "It's alright." "I'll be back," Dakota said. "My keys are hanging on the rack." "Okay." Dakota left. 5 minutes later, she walked back inside. "Dude, I found my powerade," Dakota said, drinking the powerade. "Ew, how long have you been in there?" I asked. "A few days." "Gross." "I'm going to take a shower." "Okay, boo." Dakota went upstairs. "You aren't going with her?" Kam asked. "I'm too lazy." An hour went by and Dakota wasn't down yet. "She likes taking long showers?" Kam asked. "No. Normally she takes quick showers." "You should go check on her," Kam said. "Yeah. I'll be back." I got up and walked upstairs. I didn't hear the shower running. The bathroom door was still shut. I knocked on the door. "Baby, are you okay?" There was no answer. I opened up the door. Dakota was laying on the ground of the bathroom with different clothes on and her hair wet. I walked over to her and kneeled down. "Baby," I said. She wasn't breathing. "Kam," I shouted. Few seconds later, Kam was next to me. "What the hell is going on?" "Call the ambulance now," I shouted. "We should drive her." I picked her up and we ran out of the house. We got to the hospital. We ran inside. "Help! My girlfriend isn't breathing." Nurses ran and put Dakota on the stretcher. They ran off. I followed. I sat down on the bench by myself outside of Dakota's room. About 10 minutes later, a guy nurse walked out of the room. "How is she?" I asked, standing up. "Uh she...she is in a coma," he said. "What? How?" "She overdosed on pain killers." What the hell is going on? I was so confused.