Chapter 23

*Peter's POV*

Where's Dakota? She's been gone for an hour. This is strange. I heard my phone ring. I was able to reach it and grab my phone. It was Dakota. She wants to FaceTime. I accepted it. "Baby...." There he was...Eric. "Hello, brother." "Eric, why do you have Dakota's phone?" He showed Dakota sitting on the floor. Her lip was bleeding. Her eye was bruised. He kept showing Dakota. Dakota looked up at the phone. "If you are smart enough, you will know where we are. Hurry or your girlfriend will be gone." Eric walked over to Dakota and sliced her forehead to cheek with a knife. She whimpered in pain. "Eric, please don't..." He hung up. My poor baby. I struggled to get up. I cringed in pain. My back hurt so bad. I was able to get up. How is Dakota fine? I walked over to the door. I opened it up and walked out of the room. "Mr. Hernandez, where are you going?" Layla asked. "My girlfriend is in trouble. I have to go now." "Peter, you can't..." "Layla, I have to." "Okay, here. Keep this medicine to take the pain away." "Thank you." I walked out of the building. Shit, I don't have a ride. I grabbed my phone and dialed Kam's number. "Hey man," Kam said. "Kam, help me please." "Peter, what's wrong?" "He's got her," I said, shaking. "Eric's got Dakota?" "Yes. I need you to come pick me up," I said. "I will, bro. Hang in there." "Hurry. He's already hurting her." "On my way." I hung up the phone. 5 minutes later, Kam pulled up in front of me. I opened up the door and got in. Phil was in the back seat. "Sorry I was late. I was grabbing all the guns I could find." "Thanks Kam." "Do you have an idea of where she is?" "No. He said if I was smart enough, I would know where she is but I have no clue. He FaceTimed me. The place looked familiar but I don't know where it's from. It's not my house." "That's so weird. You don't remember where the place is?" "No." "Hmm. We need to figure out where she is or something even worse will happen." "So what happened?" Phil asked. "Well I asked Dakota to go get some food for me. She never came back. Eric must've saw her and took her. I wish I knew where she is." "Okay. We'll go back to my house and we will figure this out," Kam said. We got to Kam's house. We sat at his table. "FaceTime Eric," Phil said. "Why?" "So you can find out where he is." "Okay." I FaceTimed Eric. "Hello bro," Eric said. "Please give me back Dakota," I said. "Come get her then." "I don't know where you are." "Are you really that stupid? Hint, it was from our childhood." Eric hung up. "From our childhood?" I asked. "That place does not look familiar," Kam said. "It is. I've been there before but I don't know where it is," I said, frowning. "It's okay. We will find her. Maybe we can go back to your house and find some pictures of you guys at that house," Phil said. "That's a good idea. Let's go." We ran out of the house. We drove to my house. I ran inside. "Peter, slow down. Too much running," Kam said. "We need to get to Dakota fast," I said. I ran around basically trashing the house. "Fuck! There's nothing here," I said, basically crying. "Dude, can't we just find her phone?" Phil asked. "Eric has her phone, you piece of shit," I said. "Peter, he means you can find her phone by an app," Kam said. "Why the fuck wouldn't you tell me this before?" I snapped. "Peter, it's okay. Let me track her phone," Kam said. "Okay let's go," he said. We rushed out the house and Kam drove us. He drove us down this long driveway. "I remember this place," I said. Kam stopped the car. "Okay, we are going to get out here so Eric doesn't see us coming. We go through the woods to get to the house. We carry 2 knives and a gun. Alright let's go," Kam said. We walked into the woods. We got near the house. "I'm going to climb the fire escape into the bedroom," I said. "Be careful," Kam said. I snuck to the fire escape. I climbed up the fire escape. I looked through the window. Dakota was sitting next to the bed and Eric was talking to her. I ducked below the window. I called Kam. "Yo, what's going on?" "Kam, Eric's in the room. Can you try to distract him?" "Of course." I hung up the phone. I waited a few minutes. I looked through the window and saw Eric was leaving the room. I opened the window. I ran to Dakota. She was shaking. I hugged her tightly. I untied her and unhandcuffed her. "Let's go," I said. She was shaking like crazy. I ran to the door and shut it. I locked the door. I ran to her and picked her up. I carried Dakota to the fire escape. I placed her down. I got onto the fire escape and shut the window. "Darling, you are going to have to run," I said. She just stayed there, not saying anything. "Baby, what did he do to you?" I asked. "He..." Dakota started crying. "That fucking asshole. I'll be back." I got up. I pulled out my guns. "Here," I said, handing her my gun. I opened up the window and walked through. I walked to the bedroom door and opened it. I loaded my other gun. I slowly walked out of the room. I walked downstairs and saw he was standing by the door. I put my finger on the trigger. I pointed the gun at him. He turned around. "Hello, Peter," he said, smiling evilly. "Go ahead. Shoot me," Eric said I looked at him. I sighed and placed the gun down. "Hurt me, please. Just please leave my friends alone," I said. "Peter, you can take Dakota, I got what I wanted." "Why are you doing this to me?" I asked. "When I tell you to do something, you do it. You don't push me, talk back to me, and don't kick me in the balls." "Im sorry, Eric. Please just leave me and Dakota alone." Eric walked over to me. I expected him to hit me but he hugged me. "I'm sorry," he said. "It's okay." All of a sudden, I heard a gun shot. Eric fell to the ground. I looked over and saw Kam standing there with Phil. Kam looked at me. I looked at Eric. "Help me," he whispered. "Guys, help Eric. I need to go get Dakota," I said. "Okay." I ran upstairs into the bedroom. I ran to the window and opened it. Dakota was staring blankly at the woods. The fun was next to her. She was still shaking. I frowned and sat down next to her. She looked at me. Tears ran down her face. I hugged her, tightly. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "He...took advantage of me," Dakota said, crying. "Well, Kam shot Eric so Eric will be in the hospital." "I'm scared." "This is all my fault," I said, burying my face into her neck. "It's not your fault." "If I didn't make Eric angry, he wouldn't have done this to you." "Look at me, Peter," Dakota said. I looked at Dakota. "I love you," she said. I smiled. "I love you, too, baby." "Let's go. I don't want to stay here." I picked her up and walked inside the room. I carried her down the stairs and out the door. "Where's the car?" Dakota asked. "All the way at the end of the driveway." "You don't have to carry me," Dakota said. "Are you sure?" "Yeah." I put her down. We started walking. "How's your back?" "It's better," I said. "Is Jasmine out of the hospital?" "I don't know." "I have a question," Dakota said, looking at the ground. "What is it?" "Do you still have feelings for her?" I stopped walking. I can't believe she just asked that.