Chapter 11

*Peter's POV*

I stood in front of Dakota's door. They let me leave cause I was able to walk. One of the nurses, who's a guy, drove me here. It's about 2 pm. "Thanks for letting me stay here," I heard a guy voice say. What the hell? "No problem. Thanks for helping me fall asleep." The door opened and Eric was standing there. "Uh Peter, hi." Dakota walked over to the door and her eyes widened. "What the hell is going on?" "I should go," Eric said. "No, you stay here," I snapped. "Don't tell me what I can and can't do," Eric said. "You are staying the fuck here until I get this straightened out." I pushed my way into the room. Dakota shut the door. "What are you doing here?" Dakota asked. "Well, they told me I could leave. I got a ride home so I could surprise you. Wasn't expecting you to have Eric here." "He drove me home last night cause I had no ride. I let him stay here cause it's a busy neighborhood. We didn't do anything. I promise," Dakota said. "I can't believe you are being nice to him after he shot me." "I'm sorry, Peter." "I slept with her, too," Eric said. "What the fuck?" I said. "No, it's not like that." I shook my head and walked over to the door. "Peter," Dakota said. I opened the door and walked out. I got out of the apartment to my car. It was pouring. I felt around for my keys. Of course, I didn't grab them. "Peter, let me explain," Dakota said. "Go back inside. It's pouring." She walked over to me. "I don't care. Please let me explain." "What is there to explain? You betrayed me." "Peter, I hate what he did but I didn't want him to go home in the dark. I knew it was wrong to have him over but I fucking love you so much. I don't want Eric." I smiled and held my arms out. Dakota hugged me, gently. I hugged her back. I kissed her cheek. "I love you so much, too," I said. Dakota looked up at me. "You look so adorable in the rain," she said. I smiled. I leaned down and kissed her lips nice and passionately. "Peter, I want you home by 5 o'clock," Eric said, walking passed us. I pulled away from the kiss. I turned around. "I'm not going home," I said. Eric stopped walking. He turned around and looked at me. "Yes, you are." "No I'm not, Eric. I'm 19 years old. I can do what I want." "You are going home around 5. End of discussion." "He's staying here with me. End of discussion," Dakota said, crossing her arms. "You stay out of this," Eric said. "You know what? I..." Dakota's phone rang. She picked it up. "Hello...What?...Oh my god! I'm on my way." Dakota hung up. "Jasmine's in the hospital." "What? Why?" "She was stabbed. I'll go get my keys." Dakota ran into the building. I looked at Eric. "Why are you still here?" I asked. "Because your girlfriend is beautiful," Eric said, smiling. "Excuse me?" "You heard me. I just wanna pin her against the wall and..." "Shut the fuck up," I said. "I'm just being honest." "Go home." Dakota walked out of the building. She unlocked her car. We got into the car. "We are gonna look so weird all soaked," I said, chuckling. "Nah, we'll be fine." We got to the hospital. We got up to her room and knocked. I grabbed Dakota's hand and the door opened. We walked inside. Her dad was there. Dakota let go of my hand. She started crying. "Jasmine, what happened?" she asked. Jasmine looked at her dad and back at Dakota. "I was...uh...mugged and i wouldn't give them my money and they...stabbed me in the stomach." Dakota looked at her dad. "You did this to her," she said, clenching her fists. "That's none of your business." Dakota took a step forward. "You better not have done this." "Calm yourself." "She's fucking dying and you're telling me to calm myself?" I walked over to Dakota and wrap my arms around her. "Darling, it's not worth it," I said, kissing the side of her head. Dakota looked at Jasmine, who's barely breathing. She walked over to Jasmine and kneeled down beside her. She grabbed Jasmine's hand. "I'm gonna miss you so much," Dakota said, sobbing. "You were such an amazing friend to me." "You were a really amazing friend, too." Jasmine closed her eyes. The heart monitor stopped beeping. "No," Dakota, shouted. "Why? Jasmine, please! Come back," Dakota said, crying hard. I walked over to Dakota and kneeled down beside her. She looked at me. I wiped the tears from her face. She hugged me, tightly, burying her face into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her. I laid my head against hers. I looked up ad saw Jasmine's dad staring at us. "Take a hike, asshole," I snapped. "Excuse me?" "You fucking heard me." "I don't know who you are talking to but..." "I'm talking to a fucking jackass," I said, smiling. "You are stupid," he said. "Why thank you." "Peter, can we go?" Dakota asked, shyly. "Of course, baby girl." We got up. We went to Dakota's apartment. She laid down on the couch. I grabbed a tub of icecream out of her freezer and grabbed two spoons. I walked over to the couch and sat down. Dakota laid her head on my lap. "Here," I said, handing her a spoon. She looked up at me. "What kind of icecream is that?" she asked, softly. "Peanut Butter Cup." Dakota sat up and leaned against me. She scooped up some icecream and ate it. "So good," she said, reaching for more. I scooped up some icecream and ate it. We ended up eating the whole tub. Dakota laid her head on my lap again. I stroked her hair. "I want to watch a movie," Dakota said, looking up at me. "What movie, babe?" "Um maybe Beyond the Lights. It's a really good movie." "Okay." I turned on the movie for her. She's right. It is a really good movie. After the movie ended, I saw that Dakota was sleeping. I got a text from Kam. Haven't talked to him in a while. 'Yo, where have you been?' 'A lot of shit has been happening. I should be back tomorrow.' 'Can we hang today?' 'I'm with Dakota if you wanna hang with me and her.' 'What's the address?' I texted him her address. 'Thanks man, be there soon.' Five minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Dakota sat up and rubbed her eyes. "Who's at the door?" she asked, yawning. I stood up. "It's Kam." "Oh no," Dakota said, her eyes widened. "What?" "Last time we've talked, he was mean." "I won't let him be mean," I said. Dakota grabbed my hand and we walked to the door. Dakota hid behind me as I opened the door. Kam walked inside. "Yo man," he said, bro hugging me. "Hey Kam," I said. "Hello Miss Grace," Kam said. Dakota laid her head on my back. I shut the door. "Man, it's so weird not having you at school," Kam said, walking to the couch. "I might be there tomorrow," I said, as we sat down. "What's been going on?" "Well my brother shot me, Jasmine is dead, and Dakota and I broke up for a little." "Woah, that hot girl died?" "Yeah." "How?" "Her dad stabbed her," I said. Dakota leaned her head against the back of my shoulder. "That's awful. I'm so sorry." "It's okay." Kam looked at Dakota. "How are you, Dakota?" "Could be better," she said, quietly. "What's wrong?" Kam asked. I looked at Dakota. She looked at me and looked back at Kam. I looked at Kam. "She's a little afraid of you," I said. Kam laughed. "It's not funny," Dakota snapped. "Well it's stupid you are scared of me." "You and Peter bullied me. Of course I have the right to be scared." "Dude that was a while ago. Let it go," Kam said. "Let it go? How am I suppose to let it go?" Dakota asked. "Why are you being so sensitive?" Kam asked. "You guys ruined my life. I wished you guys were never here," Dakota snapped. I looked at Dakota. "You guys?" I asked. "Peter, I'm sorry. It slipped out." "Wow, just wow." I got up. "Peter wait," Dakota said. "Let's go Kam," I said. "Peter no," Dakota said. She grabbed my hand. "Don't touch me," I said as I slapped her. She fell to the ground, looking up at me. What did I just do?