This is Definitely Not Love...Right? ~Chapter 25

Well, uhh afte almost 2 months fo just about NOTHING! i finally came through and got off my A$$ and typed out the next chapter.

So here you have it folks; Chaper 25

The Pic's of Tiffany (Britanny Snow)

The video link is No Promises by Shayne Ward

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter :)

~Jake's POV~

I grabbed my bag out of my locker and slammed it shut. I would say that this weekend was the worst in my life, but that would be neglecting all my other weekends since the day I met Skye. I walked slowly down the hallway not bothering to look or acknowledge anyone’s presence. It was just me in the world, and I kind of liked it that way.

The one thing I couldn’t understand was why Skye would say that he loved me, admit that he still did, and then end up rejecting me nonetheless. Sometimes that boy just confused the living hell out of me. After all, I was supposed to be the one waiting around for him to come and say sorry. To beg for another chance. For forgiveness.

I sat down at my desk in History class, and for once decided to concentrate. Mr. Harris did, at first, seem surprised about my sudden interest in the topic, but thankfully chose to ignore it. I took a deep breath and leaned back in my desk. Screw me wanting to focus; I ended up playing with my pen for the majority of the period.

I heard the bell ring for the last class of the day and quickly packed my bag so that I could out of there. I bumped into a few people in the hallway, but that didn’t stop me one bit. I wasn’t going anywhere in particular; I just wanted to be alone for a while.

I walked outside and took a seat below my favorite tree. I sat here since the day I started high school. Something about it just made me feel calm, and it also brought me some luck on the side. I glanced around me and took in the view. I saw some kids laughing, smiling and holding hands with their boyfriends or girlfriends. I would say that I missed it, but it never worked out.

I saw a lone figure leaning against a car. That was clearly someone that didn’t attend our school since he was standing outside the gates. I saw someone that looked a lot like Skye walk up to him. I leaned my head a bit closer and saw that it was in fact Skye. I then noticed that the other guy was Steve. Steve, the one that kissed my boyfriend and destroyed my entire relationship. Well, it was also Skye’s fault for kissing the jerk back in the first place.

I stood up and walked a bit closer to them to hear what they were talking about. I knew it was eavesdropping, but could you blame a guy for being curious?

“Steve, I told you not to come here.” Skye was saying.

“Yea, but I wanted to see you, one last time.” Steve said smiling. I felt like I wanted to beat that crappy grin off his face. Even if I did that, I still wouldn’t be satisfied.

“Last time? What do you mean? Are you dying?” I sensed a bit of humor in Skye’s voice.

“No, silly. I got into college. I finally saved up enough for a least one year and I’ve already got myself a job, so I’m just tying up loose ends over here.”

“So I’m a loose end?” Skye asked crossing his arms over his chest.

“No, of course not. I don’t want you to be. That’s why I want you to come with me.” Steve said taking one of Skye’s hands into his own.

I sucked in a deep breath. Skye went silent for a while. Was the guy still even alive?

“Really? Why?”