3. I blame you entirely for that

Thirteen's POV

A loud buzzing sound echoes throughout the house and everybody looks up at the speakers where it came from.

"What was that?" Cody questions and I hop off the counter, making sure to leave a wide space between me and Angel.

"Someone's at the gate," I reply.

I walk over to the front door and check the security cameras on the small screen above the keypad. I smile before punching in the code to open the gate. The minute the car makes it all the way through I close the gates again.

I'm not going to make the same mistake twice.

"We're going to have company in about thirty seconds!" I call out and I hear footsteps walk up behind me.

"Who?" Cody asks from behind me.

"Two people," I reply as I open the door and step outside just as the car pulls up. "One's welcome, and one's not."

The engine of the car shuts off and Zero steps out of the driver side, Devin getting out of the passenger side. He smiles when he spots all of us standing on the patio right outside the door.

"Look at you, you actually got a haircut." I tease.

He scowls playfully at me. "I blame you entirely for that."

I laugh and walk down the steps, meeting him halfway and giving him a hug.

"I thought you didn't like hugs."

"I'm making an exception," I tell him as I pull away. "How are you doing?"

Devin smiles. "Alright. Apparently, strenuous activity is still not allowed, but I swear I feel fine!" He raises his voice at the end of his sentence so Zero can hear him.

Zero says nothing and I address him coldly. "Zero."

"Agent 13." He acknowledges me exactly the same way before getting in the car and driving off back down the driveway.

"Well, I can see that you've apologized," Devin says jokingly. I scowl at him as Chase and Cody come over and give him a hug.

"Good to have you back man," Chase says and Devin gives him a thumbs up.

"Good to be back...even if technically I'm not really supposed to be doing anything as of yet."

"You'll be back to helping us out in no time," Cody assures him.

Devin falters in his steps for a second as he spots Lily, who's still decked out in her Christmas clothes. He shoots me a look of confusion. I shake my head as if telling him not to ask. He nods.

"Thank goodness," Lily says when she sees him. She hops down the steps and grabs hold of his wrist, dragging him into the house behind her. "I've been so bored, and playing with Angel only goes so far to sustain my boredom."

Devin stops in his tracks but Lily continues to try to pull him after her. He doesn't move an inch and shoots me a horrified look.

"Angel's here?" He questions. His face goes pale when I nod. I bite my lip to keep myself from laughing.

"If you don't start moving I'm going to kick you." Lily states. "And these spikes on my shoes hurt a whole hell of a lot more than they look."

"Miss Marshall please watch your language."

Lily leans into Devin and whispers loudly. "He still tells me please cause he has faith I'm not going to turn out like my brother. Plus he likes me so much more."