19. Bye, bye itsy-bitsy spider

I apologize for the long wait, I've been pretty busy getting prepared for finals.

Thirteen's POV

Three hours.

Three freaking hours of listening to the same song over and over and over again.

If she was actually playing it off the phone instead of humming, singing and whistling it, I would've broken her phone by now.

Even Devin wants her to shut up at this point.

At first it was like a contest between them as we drove up here before having to trek through the surrounding forest to get to this hidden base.

I thought Jason had been bad with the subtly. I had forgotten that Lily is ten times worse.

We're sneaking through the forest with our weapons drawn, trying our best not to draw any attention to ourselves and simultaneously keep an eye out for any enemies and what is she doing?

Humming the Mission Impossible theme song as loud as she possibly can.

It was worse when her and Devin were having a contest to see who could be louder. She was using the Mission Impossible theme song, and he was using the Pink Panther one.

I feel like I'm babysitting children rather than working with agents.

And never mind trying to shut her up. You'd have better luck proving that the Earth is flat. I'm not even joking. Shutting her up is literally never going to happen.

"Lily!" I hiss loudly and for a split second she's quiet as she turns towards me.

"Yeah?"

"Be quiet. We don't need to draw attention to ourselves."

She scoffs at me. "We're out here in the middle of nowhere with no one else but each other. The only attention we stand a chance at catching, is that from a tree."

I roll my eyes and turn away from her as she starts humming that stupid song again.

"And besides," she adds, taking a moment to pause her song. "last I checked, trees don't carry guns and shoot back at you for catching their attention. You need to relax, no one's going to die."

There's a gunshot followed closely by a shout of pain from Zack. I dive behind the trunk of large tree with Lily, Chase and Cody duck behind a fallen tree log, and Devin reluctantly helps Zack behind some rocks.

"I stand corrected." Lily mutters. "Hey, is Zack dead yet?"

"He'll live." Is Devin's dry response through the ear buds.

"Don't sound so happy about it." Zack mutters.

"I'm sorry, was that not enough enthusiasm for you? You're right, I'm completely jubilant. Totally ecstatic." Devin retorts sarcastically.

"Shut up!" I growl as I try to make out exactly where the shots are coming from as more gun fire sprays up our surrounding hiding places.

"The itsy-bitsy spider climbed up the water spout..."

I turn towards Lily just as she lifts the rocket launcher up onto her shoulder and takes a step out from behind the tree.

"Down came the rain and washed the spider out..."

She fires the rocket launcher and there's deafening explosion as debris flies everywhere.

"Bye, bye itsy-bitsy spider," She finishes in the same tune of the song.