38. Not again

Thirteen's POV

"Not again," I quickly move between him and Sam, my body tense and daggers gripped tightly in my hands.

Jason raises his gun and fires several shots and I watch in shock as they don't even seem to faze him. Several hit him in the vest, two become embedded in the helmet and the guy doesn't even flinch. Instead, he turns towards Jason and charges.

I want to jump in and help Jason, but I can't leave Sam unguarded. I don't know if there are more than just this one running around the base.

"Jason!" I shout in warning as the guy pulls a long knife from his belt and slashes out. Jason manages to dodge and brings his knee up into the guy's stomach, but it's as if it doesn't faze him at all.

I watch as he punches Jason in the arm, right where Garrett had shot him earlier. Jason lets out a hiss of pain and staggers back. The guy reaches out and grabs hold of Jason's shoulders before throwing his head forward into his, headbutting him. Jason crumples to the floor, blood coming from an open wound on his head. He groans and grasps at his head, and just barely manages to throw his hands up and grab the guy's wrists before he brings the knife down into his chest.

I react. I run forward and throw myself into him, knocking him away from Jason and to the floor.

I roll out of the way before he can bring the knife down into my side, but I can't quite get away from him fast enough.

He grabs hold of my arm and pulls me back toward him. I swing one of the daggers at him and he brings his arm up to block it. I hear the clang of metal striking metal as the dagger connects with the metal arm plate.

I pull my legs up and kick him in his chest, knocking him away from me and I'm finally able to roll away and get back on my feet. I look first to Jason who's trying to pull himself back to his feet, and then to Sam who's still in the same position I left him.

I turn my attention back to the guy as he gets on his feet, pulling two more knives from his belt. My grip on the daggers tightens.

He comes at me quickly and I barely manage to dodge the first few swings. I can't get in any hits of my own, I can only dodge his. He swings out at me and I block it, but the knife still slices into my arm. I swing my dagger around full force and I'm able to stab him in his side. Right above his hip and just below the end of the bulletproof vest. He lets out a growl of pain and throws his hands out and me, throwing me back into the wall.

I hit the wall and fall to the floor on my hands and knees, getting to my feet quickly and jumping out of the way before he can strike me with his knife.

I swing the gold dagger back at him and he catches my wrist in his hand. His grip tightens and he twists, the dagger falling from my hand and hitting the floor with a clang.

I notice movement behind him a moment before there's a cracking and shattering as Jason swings a baton full force into the guy's helmet, cracking it and shattering the visor.

The guy curses and stumbles back, Jason swings the baton again and the guy catches it, giving Jason a kick to the chest that sends him falling back. He then turns toward Sam.

I push off from the wall where I was leaning and slam into the guy, throwing him into another wall. He swings his arm back around and I feel the blade of his knife slice into the side of my face before I can completely dodge it.

I grab hold of his arm and twist it behind his back before slamming him back into the wall in front of me. His leg swings back and collides with my shins and knocks me to the ground. My body protesting and aching at the fall.