Chapter 3 - Business Party

Mayura's P.O.V

Today's Sunday. The day when dad is gonna be hosting a business party here and I would have to wear such fancy dress and put on make up and then wear heels and finally, being polite to strangers.

This is the worst thing that can ever happen to me. I groaned as I opened my eyes to be met with my mint green ceiling. I rolled over and wrapped myself in a cocoon with my comforter and tried to go back to sleep but unfortunately, it did not happen as thanks to my personal maid, Angelina, knocked on my door multiple times before barging into my room and started shouting and ripped the comforter away from me.

" No! My comfy comforter! Save me from this hideous day! " I cried out while Angelina just rolled her eyes at me.

" Oh please, you have to get ready for the party. Besides, today's not hideous, it's sunny. " Angelina said in a 'duh' tone of voice.

" Mayu! " my bedroom door burst open and Demetria jumped onto my bed.

" Dem! What the hell?! Now I can't go back to sleep! " I shot her an irritated look.

" Sorry, not sorry, but anyways, get out of bed already! It's ten forty-two in the morning already! " Demetria said while rolling her eyes and literally yanked my hand hard which caused me to fall out of my bed.

" Oh goddamn it! I'm up! I'm up! " I yelled out in frustration and glared daggers at Demetria who held up a peace sign.

I sighed and went to my bathroom to shower and changed to a comfortable set of clothes before brushing my hair and heading downstairs for breakfast.

" Mayu-nee! You're finally up! " Yumiko cheered as I sat down at the dining table beside Dem.

" Of course I would be up after what Dem did to me. " I glared at Dem who just shrugged and chewed her bacon.

Then, dad cleared his threat to get our attention.

Normal P.O.V

" So, we will be having a number of guests today with their children- "

" Dad! Stop right there! For your information, I do not want a suitor if you're about to say that! " Mayura stood up with her hand in a stop signal.

" I know that since you beg me and your mother not to get you a suitor and that you want to experience love by yourself. " Paolo smiled slightly on what Mayura said before when she heard the news about them wanting to get her a suitor.

~Flashback~

" How do you feel about us getting you a suitor? " Paolo asked a thirteen-year-old Mayura who furiously shook her head.

" No! I don't want a suitor! I want to experience love by myself. I want to fall in love with someone by my own will and not that someone forces me to. " Mayura said with a determined look.

~Flashback end~

" Sir, the ballroom is 94% completed. " Paolo's secretary reported.

" Alright, I'll check it once I'm done with breakfast. "

" Yes sir. "
*
" Hm, what dress would suit you? " Ayumi hummed as she held up a rose pink dress in front of Demetria whose face was scrunched up.