Chapter 6

I wake up the next morning in the same position. Stiff but loving every ache. I miss this so much.

"Morning Liam." Dr. Martin chirps coming into the room.

"Morning doc." I say groggily.

"How is he?"

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Yeah. I suppose so. I got the body. You tell me how his taking it."

"Actually pretty damn well."

"Really?"

"Oddly yes. For a person who doesn't remember the last five years and taking a strangers word for everything. He is."

"It helps you not a complete stranger." Beau mutters sleepily. The doctor gives me a confused look.

"He remembers the beginning of sophomore year. His crush on me." I snicker. "Plus he remembers Tristan and Sammie. Everything up until then."

"Ah! Yes that helps. Well I'm going to run some test so get out of that bed Liam."

"Does he have to I was comfortable." Beau whines. Making both of us laugh.

"Yes I can't do these with him on top of you." so I disconnect myself from Beau getting out of bed. "I'll get a nurse to help me." he says fixing to push the nurses button.

"Good luck with that."

"Shit I forgot how these nurses were here." he groans. "Is sue coming in?"

"I assume so she said she would see us this morning." he nods.

"I'll call her."

"Good idea." I'm not kidding when I said this is a shitty hospital. Even a doctor that only comes in about once a month hates it here.

"I'm right here Martin." Sue chirps.

"Morning Sue." he says.

"Morning bossman."

"Ready?"

"Yep let's get this boy home so Liam can quit stressing and wasting Jack's money."

"Still stressing." Sue rolls her eyes at this.

"Have you known him not to stress over Prince's care, well being, anything pertaining to prince?"

"No guess not." he chuckles. Okay so I've been stressed about Beau well being in this place but to scared to take him home. They get him in another bed one easier to maneuver around the hospital for his test. Probably a full body scan and MRI. Martin usually does a full body scan about every 3 months just to make sure his body isn't deteriorating or some shit like that. MRI every month for his brain to see if his brain is still working properly and he always has Sue put him on some kind of machine to check his brain waves. They usually do some kind of test on him. This hospital doesn't like it but let's it happen because they get paid to. This is the sickest hospital in the world. They don't take care of their patients like they should. Nobody here wants to do their job. It's an inconvenience to them. Sue and Martin tried to get me to take him home but I was scared. I'm not a doctor what if he had a seizure? What if he stopped breathing? What if? What if? I just couldn't do it even though they assured me it was most likely not going to happen. I just couldn't do it. He wasn't on any machines or anything that was the only good thing. Even though his body seemed to of shut down it didn't completely shut down, he was still breathing on his own. No machines what so ever just an IV for fluid, medicine, vitamins, stuff like that. Stuff he needed. See I didn't know how to give him that stuff sure I could do his physical therapy but I couldn't do that kind of stuff. Sue came in the picture the morning after and has fussed with me over Beau. Making sure he is well taking care of him actually all the patients here. She works her but off don't get me wrong the other nurses do their job somewhat but just the bare minimum. They skim not doing their job. Martin showed up about two weeks later after I got so pissed off with Beau's treatment here, mom did to. Sure they stopped the bleed, reduced some of the swelling, got the bullet out, gave him his meds but that was it. They came in to check on him about every six hours when it's suppose to be every two hours. They didn't changes his bandages unless they had to. I'm surprised he didn't get an infection but I guess the antibiotics they were giving him at the time prevented that. They didn't turn him like they were suppose to nope I did. I've done everything that needed to be done but the meds. Yeah I won't go into much detail. So since I was doing everything, we didn't like his doctor Jack brought in Martin but he could only do so much since Beau was in a coma. He really didn't have anything to work with. He just basically wrote orders and Sue saw them thru. His visits dwindled down to just once a month. Between us three we worked out a system. Sue got him while I was at school, I got him after school, she check in with Martin about once a day just to keep him updated since he lived a ways away and I keep her posted in the mornings before I left. Sure the other doctors check on him about once a day but to them he should have been written off. They would just look at him then leave. Yep a very fucked up hospital. Seriously what hospital treats their patients this way and still is open. None that I know of. How they can remain open is beyond me. Don't they have to keep the state happy or something? I don't know all I know is they suck.