Chapter 7

We have a routine down now. I get up, get ready for school, get Beau up, get him ready for the day, get him feed, Sue shows up, I leave for school, go thru my day, go home, chat with Sue, she fills me in on his progress, she leaves, I do my homework, we do his physical therapy, eat dinner, watch movies or tv then to bed. Weekends we just laze around. Well besides his therapy. He can move his whole body now but his legs and toes. So we went the other day for an MRI. Martin just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything physically stopping him. We are headed to his office now for the results.

"You think I'll ever be able to play football again?" he ask quietly.

"I have no doubt you will."

"Seriously Liam."

"I'm being serious Beau. You've never let anything stop you before."

"But I had my legs than!" he yells at me. He is beyond pissed because they won't work.

"Please. Like your gonna let your legs tell you your not playing. The Beau I know would tell his legs their wrong and he will be out on that field again."

"But I'm not the same Beau anymore."

"Like hell your not. Your the same prick I fell in love with five years ago. Okay you've changed a little, your not so egotistical anymore but you still have the same determination."

"Are you sure your not just saying this because you want me to be the same Beau?"

"No actually I've been looking for the changes."

"Why?"

"So it won't hurt."

"What?"

"So it won't hurt."

"What won't hurt?"

"When you get your memory back and you remember you don't love me."

"You still believe that?"

"I don't know. I just want to be prepared." he nods in understanding. "Your having doubt now to aren't you?" he snorts shaking his head.

"No actually I'm finding harder to believe. What's going to happen to me when you find a reason to leave me?"

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"Face it Liam. You've been looking for a reason to leave."

"Far from it Beau. I've been looking for a reason not to get hurt again. Honestly I can't go thru that again. It almost killed me the first time. I can't do it a second time." he nods.

"You haven't told me you loved me since the hospital." he says quietly.

"I just don't want to get hurt again." by now I've pulled up to the office building.

"Do you?"

"More than anything."

"Then say it."

"I can't." I whisper.

"Because you don't!" he yells. "That's bullshit!" I yell back.

"What am I suppose to do?! Wether you want to believe it it or not Liam I do love you!"

"Fine you love me! But are you in love with me?!"

"Yes!"

"You can't be not after what two two and a half months." I whisper.

"Because it was never gone Liam! I know how I feel. I don't give a rats ass what this Chris guy told you. I feel it Liam! I'm in love with you always have been!"