Who is Merchant? pt.2

Richard - now more widely known as Merchant - sat spinning in his chair, bored. He had made enough of his drugs to sell them for weeks, had already hacked into the pentagon five times and had made himself three new hologloves. He had no orders and his home had only him.

Eventually, he decided to take a stroll around his home, check for leaks and unstable areas once again. But, the wood he had placed down to hold the building together was still there and working. Yeah, he was very bored now. Then, there was a, ding!

Merchant grinned widely. A mission! An assignment! Some fun! He opened up his email and read it. It was off of the Joker... Merchants grin widened. Joker wanted a new formula of laughing gas as Batman has distributed vaccines and cures for the old one. How exciting!

He ran to his lab and began immediately. Not an hour later, a vial of pinkish liquid was held in his hand. A sheet of paper had a formula written on it and a random man was laughing in the corner. The man was ignored until his death then pulled out of the lab. Merchant left his body on the street and sent the formula to Joker by email before making a few extra vials of the liquid and placing them in little machines, that would dispense the liquid into the air when thrown to ground, putting a pink cloud of his concoction in the air. He used a self developed vaccine for the new laughing gas on himself and then left with the dispensers.

He walked all the way to the Joker and his usual meet up and stood politely as Joker did his villain monologue once again, as he did everytime. The Joker, in turn, gave him a chunk of metal and a huge diamond. Merchant melted into the shadows of the nearby trees and buildings and continued to walk back home, smirking. Merchant was happy. He was living his life as he currently wanted to. Selling everything. Selling machines, selling information, selling his hacking skills, selling drugs; he'd even sold his own body on one odd occasion. But it'd need worth it. He got a lot of money for it. A whole lot.

He didn't always ask for money. Sometimes he asked for materials or weapons, chemicals or even manual labor. If the buyer struck a good deal, he was likely to take it.

Because he, Richard Grayson, was Merchant.