Chapter 18

Harry's POV

The sound of my damn alarm goes off as I stare awake at the the white and grey speckled ceiling of my bedroom. I reach over and turn it off.

It reads 6:30 am. I haven't been able to sleep since she left. I've gotten maybe a total of three hours of sleep. Yesterday I fell asleep in the shower my naked body shivering from the cold water. I miss her. You know, I could have just went to school. I could have told her I love her. She would be here beside me. Cuddling, kissing, laughing. Oh, her laugh it's music to my ears. Fuck. I need a drink.

It may be early but right now I could care less. I make my way down the stairs to the kitchen and grab the bottle of brown liquor from on to of the fridge and a glass. And pour my poison. My sweet numbing poison.

...

By noon I've drank myself into oblivion. The bottle of rum empty and broken against the living room floor. The  couches, pictures on the wall are flipped over and broken. I could hardly make it up the stairs. My vision impaired from my consumption of rum. I stumble through my bed room door not bothering to shut it and collapse on the bed.

I make my way up the steps of our home. Hearing the screams of my mother and dad. Great. I step through the door and place my bag on the ground. They are in the kitchen my mum leaning against the counter with her head down  my dad doing the same but across from her.

"Harry, son-" 
"No, what did you do to her?" I spat.
"Harry.." My mums voice spoke. "Please listen to me..." I stood there looking back and forth between then. My mums cheeks stained with her make up. What's going on. What had he done this time?

"Harry...I'm sick...very sick." She wipes the back of her hand across her cheek. Smearing her make-up even more. What is she saying? Sick? I knew she had been to the hospital a few times this week but i thought it was just a cold. 

"What are you saying mum?" i make my way over the the kitchen table and take a seat. I'm sure It will be needed. My mum pulls out the chair in front of me and sits. She searches for my face, maybe for a reaction. I was frozen.

"Harry Honey, I -I have cancer "  My mum said softly, placing her hand on mine. I was stone, my heart stopped.

"Cancer....?" I whispered, My mother nodded. "Harry .."  

"Harry.."

"Harry Man wake up !"  

I felt a hand hit my shoulder hard waking me up from my nightmare, fluttering my eyes I see a tall figure standing next to my bed, It was blurry. 

"Savannah.." I groaned wiping my face then rubbing my eyes clearing my vision, It most certainly wasn't Savannah, but god I wish it was . 

"Uh dude I don't remember ever changing my name to Savannah, And I don't look like a girl " my collage friend Liam said. What the hell is he doing here. 

Liam is a sophomore in collage, He was suppose to graduate from high school this year but he's a fucking smart ass who got accepted into the best collage in town, Little did anyone know Liam actually lives in a frat house . The one that.. Savannah and I .. Gotten close.. No Harry stop talking about it .Liam is actually the big man on campus I should say, but he's good people. Not like one of those assholes, I'm lucky enough to have him as a friend really.

"I'm sorry, I thought.-" I groaned, rising from the bed, Fuck my head is pounding, Looking around the room I see its nothing but a dump, My god.

"Dude you really need to clean, Is your OCD off or something?" Liam asked clearing off a chair that had beer bottles on it.