Chapter 44 ~Last Chapter~

2 Years Later

Harry's POV

My reflection in the mirror, is much different than it was 2 years ago the bags under my eyes have disappeared, my skin is now completely covered in tattoos. I guess I finally understand why to the two most important women, well three now, think that I am a beautiful piece of art. I'm a canvas painted with black, white, and gray. Every swirl, every face, flower, and line all have a meaning. Even though my mother, is some place better I'm sure she still thinks the same of me as she did before she passed.

Somehow I feel her presence, I feel as if she's standing right beside me, smiling. As if she helping me fix my tie as make it into a perfect bow. I can hear her laugh fill my ears from when I was a little boy and she was chasing me around the yard. We'd fall to the ground and laugh for hours like there was no other care in the world. She'd be proud of me. Today is the day I become a man, a man who will be loyal, passionate, an amazing father to my beautiful daughter and a husband to my soon to be wife.

"Daddy," speaking of her, she's tugging at my dress pants. I look down at her and meet her blue-green eyes with a hint of hazel like her mother's, and smile bending down to meet her at eye level.

"Yes, baby girl," I fix her pink flower dress she chose herself. After seven different colors she decided on this one. Sparkles, flowers and everything. Even  her little flower crown. For being two year old her hair is down the middle of her back. I wonder who she gets it from.

"Daddy, your staring," she giggles twisting back and forth with her hands fists at the sides of her dress. She will be a heart breaker and I'm not ready for that.

"Sorry, you just look very pretty, do you have your flowers ready?" I ask her and she nods. "Good, now what did you need," i tuck a loose stand of hair behind her ear.

"Mommy wanted me to say she wuvs you." She smiles leaning forward kissing my cheek, running off out of the room giggling. I stand up looking back into the mirror. But when i look its not only my reflection I see, but my fathers too. In these past two years my father and I have gotten closer and as much as I hate to say it I'm glad. He's re-married now, my mother would have wanted that. I'm not to fond of his wife, she's all giddy-happy. But he loves her and that's all that matters. 

"Your mother would be so proud of you Harry. God, I'm proud of you. Never once did I think that you would have a kid and be getting married. I honestly thought you would end up like me, walk in my foot steps, I thank god that you didn't. You're your own man now, and I'm happy, for you, Savannah an Harbor."  As I stare at him through the mirror I can't help but notice how much we look alike. I also can't help but think how much I am like my father. We both were troubled, both beaten from the battle of trying to find that one constant in life after the lose of my mother, his wife. He tried to seek help from me, but I would never give him the time of day. I was to wrapped up in my own problems  so why add his to the pile. That made me selfish I'm sure, but look at us now, being civil without a single fight. No fists being thrown or blood being drawn. Its time to put the past behind us and move on to the future. 

"Thanks dad," I turn to face him fixing th botton on my blazer. "Do I look okay?" 

"Do you want me to be honest," he laughs. "I'm use to seeing you in those damn jeas and t-shirts all the time, its weird seeing you all dressed up," he crosses his arms over his chest and leans against the door from. 

"So i take that as a no then, " I groan turning back looking into the mirror.

Don't listen to him sweetie you look handsome, but tuck your shirt in Harold your not a hood rat. 

I shake away my mothers voice from my head. I know that's what she would have said if she was here. I tuck my shirt into my dress pants, and take one last look into the mirror.