Chapter 7

Spot's POV 

I went back to Brooklyn to tell the newsies to get ready for the rally tonight. I let Avery stay back in 'Hatten so she could help the rest of the newsies get ready. It's a long walk from 'Hatten to Brooklyn but I enjoy it. I gives me some time to think about everything. Before I knew it I was in Brooklyn walking up the dock.

"Hey Spot long time no see." One of the newsies, Red, said as we spit shake. We call him Red since he is the only redhead in the Brooklyn newsies.

"Hey Red, just came to tell all the newsies to get ready for a rally tonight in 'Hatten. Could you spread it around to let everyone know? Everyone has to be there." 

"Sure thing Spot, i'll let em know. See you there!" Red said as he ran away to tell everyone else.

I decided to head back so I could also help get ready for the rally. I decided to cut through the park as I was heading to Tibby's since it is a nice day. As I was walking through the park I saw a couple up ahead who looked a little familiar. As I got closer I recognized who it was and could not believe my eyes. It was my sister and Jack! 

"What is this?!" I shouted which caused them to stop in their tracks. They both turned around with a frightened look on their face. I felt my face heat up with anger as they stood there next to each other.

Avery's POV

I didn't know what to do. I didn't think Spot would catch us I thought he was still in Brooklyn. I was not expecting to have to explain to him yet that Jack and I were becoming a thing.

"Spot I can explain." I said trying to figure out what to say.

"Whats there to explain? That me sista and friend are dating!?" Spot asked angrily. I could see his face getting red from anger.

"Spot..." I said before he interrupted me.

"Yous know what? You guys are never gonna to see each other again. We'll go to tha rally but yous two can not be anywhere near each other and after that yous never coming to 'Hatten again. Come on" Spot said as he yanked me away from Jack.

"NO! Spot you can't do this!" I shouted as I tried to slip out of his grip.

"Come on Spot, you don't have to do this." Jack said as he followed us.

"Jacky Boy, you'se lucky i'm still helping with the strike. Just stay away from Avery and Avery yous better stay away from Jack and I mean it." Spot said as he continued to drag me behind him.

I looked back to see that Jack had stopped following us. I guess Jack knew there was no way you can fight Spot so I gave up too as Spot continued to hold on to my wrist, leading me away from Jack. 

--------

Spot let go of me as we went into Tibby's. We sat with Racetrack, Mush and David. I sat next to Mush and Spot sat next to me. I was still angry with Spot but couldn't show it so no one would ask why. A few minutes later Jack walked in and sat across the table next to David. 

The boys were talking and Jack would always glance at me and I'd glance back. I hate that Spot is doing this to us. I was pretending I was listening to the boys conversations about the rally but instead I was thinking of ways to see Jack without Spot knowing. 

I finally decided to see Jack after it was dark when everyone was sleeping. I had to find a way to tell him without Spot seeing. I decided I would tell him at the rally tonight even though Spot said we had to stay away from each other, there's no way he can keep an eye on me the whole time with there being so many newsies going to this rally. 

After I came up with my plan I was pretty happy that I get to see Jack again. It maybe have been a little obvious that I was happy again because Spot kept giving me weird looks after I suddenly joined the conversation but I guess he just shrugged it off. 

I'm just glad I thought of a way to see Jack again without Spot knowing.

A/N- Sorry for not updating for awhile. I hope yall enjoy this Chapter and tell me what you think!