Chapter 24

Avery's POV

David and I walked to 'Hattan making small talk along the way. Surprisingly it didn't take too long to get there.

"So where is he Davey?" I asked as we walked into 'Hattan.

"I'm not sure. Lets check the lodging house first." David said as we walked in the direction of the lodging house. I started to get nervous once the house was in our sight. What if David was lying and Jack didn't say he loved me? What if Jack told him to lie about all of this to get me back here? These thoughts ran through my head and caused me to stop right before the lodging house.

"Are you okay, Avery?" David asked turning around facing me.

"Y-Yeah" I said as I tried to push those thoughts out of my head. David would never lie to me and neither would Jack. Jack may not even be here so no need to get nervous. But on the other hand he could be here.

I walked in following David. We looked around the lobby and no one was in here.

"Jack!" David yelled scaring me a little.

"Up here!" Jack yelled from upstairs which caused me to start getting nervous again. He's here and right upstairs. David started walking up the stairs with me following behind him. We reached the top and David entered the room first. I walked in after and saw Jack staring out a window.

"Hey Jack" David said causing Jack to turn around. His eyes immediately landed on me and he looked surprised.

"Avery...Ise didn't think yous would come" Jack said as he started walking towards us. I looked at the ground trying not to cry as memories of earlier today came back.

"Avery, I'm sorry about today. I didn't want to kiss Sarah. She came onto me right whenever yous saw us. I didn't kiss her back because I don't want to. I only want to kiss yous. I only want to be with yous. I love you Avery" Jack said as he tilted my chin up during the last part. I looked into his eyes and could see that he was telling the truth.

"I-I love yous too Jack" I said after being taken back by what he said. We continued to look into each others eyes. Jack's eyes flickered to my lips as he leaned down to kiss me. We connected and butterflies started to fly around in my stomach like they always do when I kiss Jack.

"Okay well I'm just gonna go" David said as he started to head for the door. Jack and I pulled apart and laughed at what David said.

"What do yous think Spot will say?" Jack asked as we leaned our foreheads together.

"I don't care what he says. If he loves me then he will be okay with us bein together" I said.

"I'm so happy to have you" Jack said before he leaned down and pecked my lips.

"I'm so happy to have you too" I said.

-------

Jack and I spent the rest of the day together before I had to get back to Brooklyn. Jack walked me to the Brooklyn bridge before we stopped.

"I'll see yous tomorrow?" Jack asked.

"I'll see yous tomorrow" I said before leaning up and pecking Jack's lips. I turned around and started to walk over the bridge. I was so happy that Jack really does love me. As I thought about Jack I started smiling and didn't realize I was already back  walking onto the docks.

"Hey sis, so what happened?" Spot asked as he jumped down from sitting on top of the crates.

"Jack and I are together. What happened today was a misunderstanding. Jack didn't kiss Sarah, she only kissed him. He said he only wants to be with me" I said smiling at the last part. 

"I guess if yous happy with him then I'm okay with you guys bein together. But if he hurts you again it will be the last time. I can promise you that" Spot said sternly.

"Thank you Spot. I know I can count on you to protect me" I said as I pulled Spot into a hug. 

"And I will always be here to protect you" Spot said hugging me back.

A/N- Well guy I think there is only going to be one more chapter after this chapter. Thank you all for reading and for all the support! If you guys could check out my book Just Tha Newsies. Thank you!