beta

CALAMITY
beta.

CALAMITYbeta

02.
(   the real world   )

ミ☆

DELILAH DIDN'T REUNITE with Betty Cooper until the next day. She trudged downstairs early in the morning and was pouring herself a glass of milk when the other blonde made her presence known.

"Oh my gosh, Delilah, you're here!" Delilah barely had a chance to react before she was pulled into a tight embrace, the energetic girl crushing the tiredness out of her. Betty's aura was so bubbly and infectious that Delilah could only hug back - breathing in the smell of her freshly washed hair and sweet perfume. Stepping back, Betty held her at arms length, the loving smile never leaving her face. "I've missed you." Though simple, those words made Delilah's heart warm and brought a smile to her own lips. "Are you ready for school?" She asked innocently, taking a seat at the breakfast bar after pouring a bowl of cereal, studying Delilah's face.

"I guess," Delilah shrugged. "It's going to be weird, after a year, and I know things won't be the same... I'm nervous," Delilah answered honesty, not meeting Betty's gaze.

"It's perfectly natural for you to feel that way," Betty said kindly, reminding Delilah of Kasey in the way that she said that. "But just remember, I'll be here for you - no matter what, okay?" Delilah nodded and Betty smiled even brighter - if that was possible.

"Morning girls," Hal cheerfully greeted as he stepped into the kitchen. "You should probably think about heading to school soon, Betty do you have a spare bag you could lend Delilah?"

"Yeah sure," Betty answered her dad and jumped off her stool, leading Delilah out of the room and upstairs. Betty's bedroom was much like the guest room - which Delilah supposedly considered her own now - except there was a lot more life in Betty's; exuberant themes and decorative details that defined Betty's positive personality. The girl in question began pulling items out of her wardrobe until she found what she was looking for - a plain light blue strap bag. "Will this do?" She asked, holding it up. "I know it's not like the one you used to have but-"

"Betty this is fine," Delilah cut her off, giving her an appreciative smile. "Thank you."

"I think they'll give you new books - if not you can borrow mine to start with, though I warn you there's a lot of stuff to catch up on - but I'm sure you'll be fine. Anyway we should go now, Archie will be waiting." Just then Delilah remembered that Betty and her family weren't the only ones she had left behind.

Once they left the house and thus the safety away from prying eyes - Delilah became a lot more nervous, suddenly acutely aware of the number of houses that surrounded them, behind which lay many accusing stares belonging to busybodies who had nothing more to do than make outsiders such as Delilah feel uncomfortable.