epsilon

CALAMITY
epsilon.

CALAMITYepsilon

05.
( eviction )

ミ☆

"DELILAH I NEED to talk to you it's important!" Two days later at school Veronica rushed in on Delilah who had been reading in the student lounge. Her usual calm composure had changed into one of urgency.

"What's going on?"

"It's Betty," Veronica puffed, getting her breath back. "Last night she and I tricked Chuck into going to the pool and it wasn't supposed to go far but Betty acted so weird she wore this black wig and Chuck could've been hurt an-"

"Woah. Veronica, breathe," Delilah instructed. "Now go through that again - slower this time."

"Betty's plan was to lure Chuck to Ethel's pool and trap him until he apologised for what he'd done. But Betty took it a step too far, her whole personality changed. She called herself Polly. And then... and then she called Chuck, Jason. It was creepy weird. It kinda scared the hell out of me. If I hadn't stopped her I'm pretty sure she would've drowned him," as Veronica spoke, Delilah grew increasingly worried.

"Did you say anything to her?"

"This morning, yeah. She said it was nothing, that I was just hearing things. But I know what I heard. And more importantly, what I saw."

Before Delilah replied, a loud cheer came from the hallway causing the two girls to run out in time to see Chuck Clayton and several of his teammates being escorted off the premises by Principal Weatherbee - a crowd of students watching and taking pictures as they passed. The leader of spectators was a satisfied looking Betty; Ethel standing proudly by her side. Delilah watched Chuck's menacing expression and couldn't help but think that the situation was far from resolved. In fact, Delilah had a feeling they'd made everything ten times worse.

ミ☆ミ

"The drive-in closing, it's just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale." Betty, Veronica, Delilah and Kevin sat in a booth at Pop's and listened as Jughead voiced his dispair at the upcoming closure of the local drive-in. "No, forget Riverdale. In the coffin of the American Dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarintino likes to say-"

"Please God, no more Quentin Tarintino references!" Kevin interrupted, earning a snigger from Veronica next to him.

"What? I'm pissed!" Jughead protested.

"We couldn't tell," Delilah rolled her eyes as Jughead narrowed his.

"And not just about losing my job," he continued like her sarcastic statement hadn't been said at all. "The Twilight drive-in should mean something to us; people should be trying to save it," he sighed. Delilah noticed he did that a lot lately.