delta

CALAMITY
delta.

CALAMITYdelta

04.
( uneasy truths )

ミ☆

THINGS WEREN'T LOOKING up for the teenagers in Riverdale. One of their peers had just died after all, and the loss was still as fresh as when the announcement that he'd been murdered (not drowned in an accident) had been made. Delilah Evans was having a particularly hard time out of them all. But not because of Jason - or rather, his death.

Her worries had something more to do with the disturbing thing she and Jughead has uncovered the previous day and how Betty was still avoiding her. Everything was piling up - and with no one to talk to - Delilah's emotions were starting to get the better of her.

She was walking down the halls when she spotted Veronica, alone, and decide to take a hold of the opportunity before it slipped. "Veronica! Hey can I talk to you?" she walked up and greeted the stylish New Yorker.

"Yeah sure," the brunette smiled. "What's up?"

"I was hoping you could tell me what happened with Betty, why was she so upset when she came back from the dance?"

"Oh," Veronica dropped her gaze to the floor. "Um we went to the after party; at Cheryl's - who decided to make us all play 7 minutes in heaven. The bottle landed on me, and if I didn't go into the cupboard with Archie - Cheryl would. I went in because I thought it would hurt Betty less," Veronica explained.

They both knew that Veronica's attempt at sparing Betty's feelings had backfired.

"And did you... did you and Archie do anything in the cupboard?" Delilah asked hesitantly, albeit awkwardly.

Veronica blushed "We may have kissed," once she saw Delilah's expression she was quick to defend her actions. "but it was the heat of the moment thing - I swear I have no feelings whatsoever for Archie - I mean, yeah he's hot but I would never do that to Betty!"

"But you did..."

"Never again," Veronica's brown eyes held such remorse that it was hard not to believe her. "Besides, I have a date with Chuck tonight."

Delilah was surprised at Veronica's last statement. "Chuck Clayton?" Her eyes widened when Veronica nodded. "Well, all I have to say is be careful," she warned. Then she saw Archie and started after him, leaving Veronica feeling bewildered.

"Hey Archie!" Delilah jogged to catch up with the footballer. "I need to talk to you," she said firmly.

"About what?" He looked around him, as if he was anxious to be seen with her. Delilah rolled her eyes and tried not to take offence.