gamma

CALAMITY
gamma.

CALAMITYgamma

03.
(   disputed hearts   )

ミ☆

THAT NIGHT BETTY'S bedroom became a disaster zone. Delilah watched with interest as the bouncy blonde rushed about the room with Veronica - both of whom were on a quest to look perfect for the semi-formal.

Despite their protests and persuasive monologues, Delilah was adamant about not attending the dance - she hadn't been back a week yet, and she thought more public interaction was pushing it a bit. Besides, she had argued she didn't even have a dress. Although Betty would've happily lent her one there was an understanding that passed between them. Delilah just wasn't ready yet.

"Which one do you think?" Betty asked, standing in front of the two girls, holding up a pink dress in one hand and a yellow one in the other.

"Pink," Delilah and Veronica said in unison. The two locked eyes and Delilah smiled slightly. It seemed Betty was right, Veronica was actually pretty nice once she had spent a bit of time with her.

"There's no way Archie could resist you in that," Veronica smirked.

"Who said anything about Archie?!" Betty mumbled, blushing furiously.

"Oh come on - anyone with eyes could see you like him!" Veronica exclaimed.

"Everyone except Archie, it would seem," Betty sighed.

"Well tonight is your chance to tell him," Delilah said assuringly. "Besides, now you're a River Vixen - you and him will be perfect together!"

Though she hadn't been present at Veronica and Betty's audition to join the cheerleading squad, news had spread like wildfire across the school about how Veronica had bravely defended Betty and secured them a place on the team. Needless to say Delilah had lost her place as the captain - she wasn't entirely shocked to learn that Cheryl had taken her place. Cheryl seemed to have done a good job at running the school in her so called best friend's absence.

In the next hour both girls had their make up and hair perfected, with a little help from Delilah, and now were heading out the front door. "Have fun guys," Delilah said with as much enthusiasm she could muster as she waved her friends out the house.

"We'll be back soon," Betty said.

"Don't worry about coming back early for me, go and have fun, I'll be fine." With one last wavering smile over her shoulder Betty left with Veronica and Delilah felt like she could finally breathe.