zeta

CALAMITY
zeta.

CALAMITYzeta

06.
(   broken   )

ミ☆

ARCHIE MUST'VE GOTTEN quite a fright when he returned to his house, because when he got to the door he was met by two stony faced blondes wrapped up in dark clothing. "What the hell is this about?" he asked once he was in front of them. "Please don't tell me you're still on that crazy witch hunt."

"It's not a witch hunt. And it's not crazy," Betty replied indignantly. "We were just in Grundy's car-"

"What? You were in her car? Why didn't you stop her?" He asked Delilah.

"As if I could stop her, you know how she is when she's set on doing something," Delilah answered as if it was something Archie obviously should've known. "Besides, thank God I didn't stop her because we found-"

"A gun," Betty jumped in to finish Delilah's sentence.

"What?" Archie did a double take.

"And an ID with the name Jennifer Gibson," Delilah added.

"This is proof that she isn't who she says she is," Betty said, desperate for Archie to see the truth.

"Then who is she?" asked Archie. It was the question they all wanted to know but no one actually had the answer. If Geraldine Grundy didn't exist, who was Jennifer Gibson? And what did she want with Archie?

"What if she was involved in Jason's murder?!" Betty exclaimed.

"Whoever she is, she's not a killer. I can swear that on my life." Archie made it clear he was done with the conversation after that, walking away and leaving Betty and Delilah out in the cold.

ミ☆ミ

As it turned out, they didn't have to worry about Grundy for much longer. For only a day later she could be seen packing her boxes into her car and driving all the way out of town. Delilah watched her leave from her place on the sidewalk and thought at last things might go back to normal.

After talking to Betty, Delilah had learned the reason for Grundy's quick departure was down to Alice; who had found the gun hidden in Betty's room and consequently read her diary that contained every little detail about Archie's romance with the young teacher. Alice had stormed into the school and caught Grundy and Archie in the act - well not that act but they'd been close enough for her to know her daughter's diary told the truth. In return for Alice keeping quiet, Geraldine, or rather Jennifer, had to leave - hence why she was driving away, nothing more than a cloud of dust and car fumes to show she'd ever been.