xi

CALAMITY
xi.

14

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

14.
( guilty until proven innocent )

ミ☆

THREE DAYS AFTER being released from the hospital, Delilah sat in bed - propped up by two pillows - and closed her book with a sad sigh. Reading was an easy escape, a quick route out of the real world whenever she needed a breather (which was a lot, she'd admit) but Delilah knew it was much more than for enjoyment. She was avoiding something. Or rather, someone. The situation would have to come to pass at some point, but for now, Dellah was just too much of a coward to confront her fears.

A soft knock at the door jolted her out of her thoughts, and she looked up to see who would enter when she replied "Come in."

Delilah had been expecting her young friend bearing news of Jughead and his father, but it was Betty's mother who entered instead. She came over with a tray, setting it on bed gently. "I made you some hot chocolate."

"Thank you," Delilah smiled, lifting the white cup and bringing it to her lips so she could taste Alice's legendary home made hot chocolate. "I was wondering if I could possibly leave the house today," she said, putting the cup down.

"Are you sure that's wise?" Alice queried gently. "You don't want to risk putting any more strain on your hand."

"It's been three days, and it feels fine. I just want to visit Jughead, that's all." Delilah admitted quietly.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Alice replied stiffly.

"I know how you feel about him Alice, but he's a good person."

"It's not him that's my concern." Delilah knew Alice's real problem lay with FP.

"His father didn't murder Jason Blossom."

"And how do you know that?"

Delilah shrugged, focusing on the flower pattern on the duvet. "Many people believe him to be a drug addict and alcoholic - which I can't deny - but I know for a fact that FP Jones is not an evil man."

"Delilah, honey, we'd all like to believe that - for Jughead's sake at least - but you can't deny the evidence. The gun was found in his trailer." Alice put a comforting hand on Delilah's unbanadaged one.

"That doesn't mean he's the culprit." Delilah argued, moving the tray to get out of bed. "Anyone could've planted the gun there while he was out, to make him look guilty." She moved to change into the only clothes that she hadn't destroyed in her rampage. She flung an old jumper over her t-shirt and hurried into a pair of unwashed jeans.

CALAMITY  ━  riverdale जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें