kappa

CALAMITY
kappa.

CALAMITYkappa

10.
( ugly feuds )

ミ☆

THE ANNOYING THING about living in Riverdale, or more specifically, attending Riverdale High, was that there was not a large population of students and so it was becoming increasingly difficult for Delilah to avoid certain people.

She sat down at a table in the cafeteria, one right near the back, and hoped that the others would resume their normal routine and eat their lunch outside, away from the dining hall.

Alas, luck was not on her side, as Archie appeared, startling her as he took a seat in the chair opposite.

"Betty's been looking for you," he announced.

"Oh," was Delilah's poor reply.

"How are you?" he asked then, shocking her with the gentleness in his tone. Archie was not someone that Delilah often associated with careful words and thoughtfulness. 

"I'm fine," she answered rather bluntly, then immediately regretted it. He was trying to be nice. "Sorry, I'm just tired. I'm okay, for now."

"Good," he nodded slowly. She lifted her eyes up from her tray. Wrong move, her mind yelled a second later, as her eyes latched on to two figures hand in hand, walking into the cafeteria with matching smiles.

Archie followed her gaze, then looked back at her. Something in her face must have betrayed her as he chuckled bitterly. "It's a bit of a shock, I know."

"You knew they were dating?" she asked, eyebrows knotted in confusion.

"Jughead told me last night. Makes for good conversation before bed," he rolled his eyes.

"He lives with you now?"

Archie nodded as Delilah let out a sigh of relief, glad to hear he wasn't slumming it on the streets. "He's the happiest he's been in a while," he admitted, looking back at the beaming couple.

"That's what love does..." she said, almost to herself.

"They're not in love!" Archie retorted quickly, then composed himself.

"Not yet." But Betty's sure on her way. She added silently, thinking to the past few days at home where Jughead was all Betty would talk about. She was getting rather tired of it.