omnikron

CALAMITY
omnikron.

CALAMITYomnikron

15.
( a calling )

ミ☆

ALTHOUGH SHE WAS still shaken from her talk with Jughead's dad, Delilah had developed a new found determination that spread throughout her body and filled the empty spaces in her heart. She was consumed by a new desire to find the truth; to discover who had ripped all happiness from her, and get her revenge.

If it came to it; if she found him and she had the opportunity to kill him for what he had done, she feared what would become of her. Because she knew, ultimately, that if she had a gun to his head, she would pull the trigger. Did that make her a bad person? Probably. That wasn't her problem at the moment though - she could think about that later. Delilah's first move was to actually find him - whoever he may be.

"Delilah, mom wants you!" Delilah stood from her seat at her desk at the sound of Betty's voice, and trudged downstairs to where Alice was standing with her phone pressed firmly to her ear.

"Yeah she's here..." Delilah hesitantly took the phone as Alice passed it over -  putting it to her ear as she let silence ensue for a few seconds. The line crackled slightly, then a voice rang out.

"Delilah, is that you?" The connection was weak, therefore the voice faint, but there was no mistaking who was on the other end.

"Oh my god," Delilah looked to Alice, who nodded respectfully then left the living room to give her some privacy. Delilah sank down onto the sofa, resisting the urge to bury her head into one of the cushions as she let out a feeble reply. "Kasey..."

"Del, you still there?" Kasey asked, concerned when Delilah didn't speak for a few moments.

"Y-yes, yes! I just, I can't believe I'm hearing you. They told me you weren't allowed to contact me after I left."

"Strictly speaking, I'm not. But Alice called. I heard you wound up in the hospital a few days ago and I managed to pull a few strings and get a call back through to you." As Kasey spoke, Delilah gradually felt the tears well up and the familiar sense of overwhelming emotion start to take over. "Are you okay?" Those words were ones that Delilah had heard so often in the past few weeks, empty, hollow words that held no meaning - no sincere empathy... until now.

"Not really," Delilah took a deep breath as she began to explain to Kasey all that had happened since she had left England.

"Oh honey, I wish I could just hug you right now." Delilah could almost picture Kasey's face as she said that; forehead wrinkled as she frowned, her mouth turned down, a finger playing with a loose curl of her unruly red hair.