say you won't let go

< Leo's POV>

I met you in the dark
You lit me up
You made me feel as though
I was enough

       I was sitting at outside of bunker 9 at night just messing around with some metal and gears when I met her. Valentines day was coming up and I didn't want to feel like an extra wheel for awhile.

     " Hey are you Leo?" I looked up to see a girl about my age with a box in her hands. "Yeah why?" "Nyssa told me to give this to you. I think it's the spare parts you asked for or some new parts for Festus. I forget." She smirks as she gives me the box.

      "What are you doing here by the way? Shouldn't you be at the campfire with the others?" I open the box as look though the spare parts. "Yeah but I don't feel Iike it. What's your name by the way? Someone as pretty as you must have a pretty name."  She smile and sits next me and says "(y/n)(l/n) daughter of  (g/p). Mind if I keep you company?"

        I stare at her. Most of the time the girls would've already left to be their  boyfriends by now. "Don't you have a boyfriend or something like that? Why do want hang out with me?" I ask her. "Nope I'm a single Pringle, and you seem like cool guy to be with." She said as she looks up. (Y/n) is really pretty. With her (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair.

'I think I have a crush on (y/n).'

~le time skip to when your 21~

We danced the night away
We drank too much
I held your hair back when
You were throwing up

Then you smiled over your shoulder
For a minute I was stone-cold sober
I pulled you closer to my chest
And you asked me to stay over
I said, I already told you
I think that you should get some rest

      Since that night (y/n) and I we're best friends. We both move out of camp since we're adults now.  I invited her over to my place to watch movies but instead we got drunk and spent the night dancing to Ed Shennan. Not did I mind It was fun.  "I don't feel so good Leo can I use your bathroom?" (Y/n) asked holding her stomach.

      "(Y/n) you don't have ask. Come on." I tell her as I help her to the bathroom. I held her hair back as threw up. (Y/n) fushes the toilet and lowers the sit as she buries her head on her arms.

         "My Gods that was embarrassing." She said laughing at herself. "What do mean your just drunk it's fine. But you get some sleep though." I tell her rubbing her back. "No it's not that. I threw up in front of my crush, no wait the love of my life. I can never live that down." She says as she turn and smile at me.

        I freeze in place. "You love me?" (Y/n) buries head in her hands and laughs at herself again. "Fuck I can't keep my mouth shut can I?" She look at me again. " Yes Leo Valdez I'm In Love with you and I have been for the longest time."  She smiles and I hold her to my chest.

      " Me too (y/n)." I tell her as kiss the top of her head. "Mind if I stay the night?" She asks " I told you need to sleep dummy." "I'll take as a yes."

I knew I loved you then
But you'd never know
'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go
I knew I needed you
But I never showed
But I wanna stay with you
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

    After that (y/n) moved in with me as we started dating. But I never told love her. Well not in ways she never  understood. I would say the many ways to say I love you in Spanish and wouldn't she understand. Like 'Me apasiones' ' te adoro' 'Te necesito' and of course 'te amo'. Until now.

       I wake up to find (y/n) in the kitchen making coffee with bed head but I bet my hair look just as messy. I wrap arms around her waist and nuzzle my head in the crook of her neck. "Te amo hermosa." I said. (Y/n) pets my head and says " Yo también te amo Leo. " I wip my head up and look like a mad man. "You understand Spanish." I said. (Y/n) just shrugs. " Raynas been giving me lessons for a while now. Since you know you never told me you loved me in English."

     I kiss her cheek. "¿Quieres casarte conmigo (Y/n)?" She gives me a big smile and turns to kiss me. "of course I'll marry you Leo. I won't let go."

I wake you up with some breakfast in bed
I'll bring you coffee
With a kiss on your head
And I'll take the kids to school
Wave them goodbye
And I'll thank my lucky stars for that night

~ time skip 7 years foreword~

        (Y/n) is still asleep so I make her some breakfast and coffee as I kiss her head. " come on I'm talking you school today." I said as our 5 year old son Sammy put on his bookbag. He has my eyes and (y/n) hair. I love Sammy  more then my life and I don't want him to grow to fast.

        " where's mama?" He asked looking for (y/n). I pick him up and put on my shoulders as we leave the apartment. "Mama is still sleeping mijo so I'm walking you to school." " Ok papi. " me and (y/n) both try to teach Sammy Spanish with a bit of Morse code and it reminds me of and my mom when I was younger.

      I wonder if she would be happy to find out she now has a grandson. I bet she would. "Ok Sammy here we are." I put him down in front of the school. " bye papi tell mama I love her." I smile wave him goodbye as Sammy runs off with his friends.

    As I walk back home I feel lucky that I have my family.

When you looked over your shoulder
For a minute, I forget that I'm older
I wanna dance with you right now, oh
And you look as beautiful as ever
And I swear that every day you'll get better
You make me feel this way somehow

        I open the door and (y/n) is there on the sofa listening to music. She turns and smile at me like every time I see her. I forget that I'm older for minute. I walk up to (y/n) and she takes my hand as she spins herself.

        "Good morning love." She says as she puts her hands on my shoulders. "Thanks of the coffee." " your welcome." I tell her as we start to dance to the music. " I love spending time with you (y/n)." I tell her as I spin her around me. "Well duh that's why you married me." She laughs. " I love spending time with you too Leo even tho I'm getting old." She says. "What?! No your only 28 years old. And your still as gorgeous as ever." I dip her as she smirks at me. " Thanks Leo I love you." "I love you too (y/n)."

I'm so in love with you
And I hope you know
Darling, your love is more than worth its weight in gold
We've come so far my dear
Look how we've grown
And I wanna stay with you
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

       After that little dance we say down to cuddle together on the couch. " I wanna grow old with you (y/n)."  I tell her as I put my chin on her head. "You are Leo. I'm not letting go. I swear on the river Styx." She says as she kisses my chin. "I really do love you Leo not think I don't. Ok?" (Y/n) buries her head in my neck playfully and bites me. " You have stubble." She tells me as I laugh at her. So I rub my face on her neck. "AH LEO STOP THAT TICKLES!" I keep kissing her and tickling her until we both fall of the couch .

        "We may be 28 but we're still 15 at heart." I tell (y/n) as she kisses my forehead. "We never did grow did we?" She asks me. "NOPE! let keep that way." (Y/n) laughs. " yeah never grow up."

I wanna live with you
Even when we're ghosts
'Cause you were always there for me
When I needed you most

I'm gonna love you 'til
My lungs give out
I promise till death we part
Like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you
Now everybody knows
That it's just you and me
Until we're grey and old
Just say you won't let go

   "Let's promise to never let go (y/n)."

Just say you won't let go
Oh, just say you won't let go

          "I won't let go Leo. "