//R - 8//

James's house is mostly empty, like how a house looks when you are just moving in.

"My, uh, parents are at work at the moment," He says in a monotone voice.

James is acting differently. He's usually happy and relaxed but now a sadder personality has taken over him. Something's going on in his life at the moment.

"Did you want a drink?" He asks, crossing over to the fridge and getting a can of soda.

I shake my head and he leads me upstairs. I sit on the bed and watch him take out his homework.

"Are you okay?" I ask after a long period of silence.

James puts his pencil down on his notebook and rests his chin under his knees, "No,"

I move closer to him, "What's wrong?" I whisper

"I, I don't know what I'm even doing anymore, Riley," He answers, looking up at my face.

"I know the feeling," I answer, remembering when I would come home crying everyday from dance. The one thing that made me happy didn't make me feel happy anymore.

James takes a deep breath in, "I know that I can trust you, Riley, but I'm not ready to tell you just yet is that okay?"

I nod in understanding, "Of course, take all the time you need, James,"

James nods his head gratefully and pulls me in for a hug, "I'll tell you one day," He whispers

I stay in his embrace, as much as it pains me that he's with Michelle. I'm glad that I'm here for him as a friend. I'm glad he knows that he can come to me if he needs to talk.

I've been here for a few days but I feel as though I've known James forever. It's like we have a connection that can be separated by oceans or boundaries. I'm here in this moment with him and that's all I can ask for.

I pull away from the hug and turn to his homework, "Did you want help with that?"

He chuckles, "Yes, in fact I do,"

We manage to finish at six in the afternoon and I take a ride home on the bus.

I can't stop replaying my conversation with James. I know that deep down he didn't just invite me because of his homework. He did want to talk to me about his problems and I understand that it wasn't just the right time for him.

A part of me wants to know what he's going through right now. I just feel like I need to know so I can help him.

I arrive at my new house and shut them gate behind me. I'm starting to love this place, there's hasn't been any trouble for me so far. And I'd like it to stay that way but sometimes life doesn't work like that.

What ever James I going through, I hope he tells me soon. I'll be waiting until then.