//R - 18//

We have rehearsals for our group routine today.

Daniel and Giselle had a duet section in the dance which was originally James and Michelle's. Miss Kate felt like I was under too much pressure with the opening duet already so she passed it onto the two because they were best friends.

Thalia, another member of A-troupe, got a tumbling section in the dance with Chloe and I. Unfortunately, the only acro I can do is a ariel which James helped me land during our duet practice.

What was worse is that we don't have enough dancers for Regionals. With only nine and no alternates.

James approaches me before warm up, "Hey Riley, I need to talk to you," He pulls me aside and glances over his shoulder in case anyone is watching, "Eldon thinks I'm still dating Michelle, no wait, everyone still thinks I'm dating Michelle,"

I look at him confused, "Where is this going?"

"Last night, Eldon wanted to talk to me so that's why I left. He said he liked my girlfriend and I... mistook it for you and I yelled at him," James shakes his head in frustration, "Don't even worry about it, okay? I never said your name so he probably thinks I got mad at him because of Michelle. So I'm gonna play along with it,"

James taps me on the shoulder and leaves to get into position for warm up but then he comes back with a smile, "Heads up, just in case I shout at him,"

I smile but a thought comes into my head and I take his hand, "James, why can't you just tell him that you're not dating Michelle anymore?"

James looks down at the floor, "Because I shouted at him..."

"Just apologise to Eldon," I suggest

James shakes his head, "Riley, I shouted at him saying I love her; as in I love you Riley,"

I love him too.

I badly want to hug him but not in front of A-troupe. I nod with a wide smile and go to my position for warm up.

"Hey Thalia," I greet as she stands beside me.

"What was that about?" She asks, looking back at the spot James and I were talking.

"He was just asking a maths question," I lie

Thalia nods, "One time he nearly quit dance because his maths grades were failing but recently he says he's doing great. I wonder what changed for him,"

Maybe it was because of me. I smile at the story, "Good for him then,"

"Okay, Regionals is in a couple of days and I want you all to be in top form,"

The door bursts open and I turn around, it's Michelle. She limps on her foot but looks completely fine.

"Michelle, how's your foot?" Miss Kate asks in surprise

"It was just a sprain, I should be ready to preform in time for Regionals!" She smiles, glancing at James.

Miss Kate nods and looks at me, "Riley, thank you for your help with filling in for the duet,"

I smile politely, "Don't even worry about it,"

James gives off a short laugh and I look back at him. I wonder how he's going to work now that Michelle is back. He looks back at me with a sad smile.

I just hope he's going to be okay.

***
A/N: Want something to ready while you wait for the next chapter tomorrow?

Check out:
Living With The Campbells by jileyxshawarma

The Bet by TNSJiley_Infinity

The Texts by briarnoletxoxo