//R - 26//

The studio hasn't really been the same. Everyone is dreading for the closure of the studio in a few days.

Miss Kate comes up to me, "Hey Riley, can I please talk to you in my office?"

I nod and follow her inside. Nearly everything is packed up in cardboard boxes, just a photo of when the studio first opened is placed on the desk.

"I got a phone call at a local competition for a duet contest and since you are new to this studio, I thought that at least you should have a chance at competing for the Next Step. Would you like to join?"

I nod excitedly, "Yes, I would love to,"

Miss Kate smiles, "This is the last competition The Next Step is joining to join so please make it count. Who are you going to do it with?"

"Is it okay if I do it with James?" I ask

She nods, "Very well then, it is going to be held on the weekend,"

I nod, "Thank you, I won't let you down,"

I walk out of the office and bump into James. I haven't actually seen him at the studio in awhile but Miss Kate assured me that he has not quit yet.

I jump into his arms and he chuckles, "What's up, Ri?"

"Did you want to enter this duet competition with me?" I ask

He smiles, "Oh course, just wait a sec, I gotta talk to Kate about something,"

James disappears into her office and walk my way into Studio A. All the lessons have finished for the last time ever and the quietness is very unsettling.

A-troupe, B-troupe and J-troupe. It's all over now. Everyone is now applying to enter Elite over on the other side of town. My parents have tried to get me to join there but I don't want to. I think after this duet competition, my time at dance is over.

The Next Step is the one of the reasons I moved to this town.

I could have chosen any other studio in the world but I just happened to chose this one.

I decide to do a solo for the last time. I grab my phone out and start playing one of my favourite songs. It's called "Where Did Everybody Go".

After everything we've been through. My team, James, Michelle and myself. I guess it's now the end.

I start dancing and I just feel all my emotions in my movements. Dance has always been my safe place, it's been a home and it's what makes me happy.

When I dance everything just goes, it's just a part of me. The music, the movements and my soul.

Everyone is gone now and I'm okay with that. We've achieved more then I could ask for. Even though we didn't make it past Regionals, I've found a place I belong.

I finish the solo, sitting on the floor. James comes up to me with a soft smile and picks me up, holding me close to him.

And I've found somebody who I belong with.

***
A/N: This chapter has sort of been an emotional one for me to write... I've never actually been in this situation but I know that feeling when something comes to an end whether it has be a friendship or an event in my life.

Everything comes to an end one day and I know The Next Step won't be around forever.

I'm just so thankful for it being a part of my childhood. It's been a home where I feel like I can belong.