//R-28//

"I guess that's the last of it," Miss Kate sighs and places the items in the boxes.

I nod and look around the empty spaces, "Then I guess this is a goodbye," There's a lump in my throat.

"No, Riley. It's a 'see you tomorrow'," A voice says from behind me.

I turn around and see James with that mysterious man in the business suit from the coffee shop all those days ago.

"What do you mean?" I ask in confusion.

The man shakes Miss Kate's hand, "Hello, I'm Michelle's father and I have some good and bad news for you but I'll just combine them into one,"

"Okay..." Miss Kate replies and motions for him to take a seat.

James crosses over to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder.

"James told me The Next Step was closing down due to some financial issues and Elite has bought the building. I've managed to buy it off them,"

Miss Kate and I look at him in shock, "Does that mean...?"

He nods, "Yes, it seems The Next Step will be back and mostly likely will be around for a very long time. Don't thank me though, it was all James. It seems his heart lies somewhere else in the road of business. Since I own the building, I'm going to give it to James when he turns eighteen in a couple of years but... He wants you, Miss Kate, to continue being the role of the Studio Head."

James smiles and Miss Kate turns to him with tears in her eyes, "Thank you so much!"

James takes his arm off me to hug her and I can't help but smile widely at what he just did for everyone.

Maybe this isn't the end after all.

Miss Kate and Michelle's Dad discuss some business things so James pulls me into Studio A and we start slow dancing.

I rest my chin on his shoulder, "Thank you for everything you've done, James,"

"No, it was all you Riley," He whispers, "Are you still thinking about stopping dance?"

I shake my head, "No it seems I'll be staying for a very long time. How about you, James, are you going okay financially?"

I feel the side of his neck nod, "I'm staying at Michelle's until I'm eighteen. It seems she is going to inherit her father's company and I think Eldon is now chasing after her,"

I laugh and close my eyes in the nook of his neck. Feeling his warmth and the way we sway back and forth to imaginary music.

James pulls away to look me in the eye, seriously, "Do you want to stay with me, Riley?"

I smile at him with pure happiness, "Forever, James,"

"Then... Will you be my girlfriend?" He smiles back

I block out my surroundings and just focus on him, just him. A connection we can't explain. James is my home and my heart is always going to stay with him.

So here we are, looking back at the beginning of thing. The new girl in town, the boy with a past.

No more land, no more sea. Just us in the moment. A place where we can call home.

"Yes,"

***
A/N: This is the second last chapter 😭😭😭😭😭😭 sorry for the late update, I was at dance.

And I died during the warm up because we had to do core exercises and hold it for one minute. I think I'll have abs when I wake up tomorrow morning 🤔😂😂