//J - 23//

I sit up and face her.

There's a look in her eyes, it's like she's smiling without her mouth having to do anything.

She leans in and I do as well, wrapping my arms around her waist as I pull her closer to me.

Her kiss is soft and warm. Riley tangles her hand in my hair. There's nothing I can describe about it but a feeling of happiness bursting in my whole being.

We pull away shortly to breathe and I tilt my head slightly when we come back.

There's something so tender about the way she kisses, and this is the first time we have kissed without being interrupted.

The connection is complete.

I can trust Riley and we have each other's back. My life is so hard at the moment but we'll make it through together.

There's nothing more I can thank Riley for. I just hope everything is going to be alright but we both know the answer to that.

It's never going to be alright.

Maybe in this exact moment we can imagine everything is going to be fine. It's just Riley and I in this exact moment and I couldn't ask for more.

I lean back on the couch, pulling her down with me. She cradles my face with two hands and kisses me softly. I place my hand on the small of her back so she doesn't fall, my other in her hair.

She laughs slightly, it's pretty unbelievable that just a few months ago we were strangers.

I smile into the kiss. I would never trade that single chance of us meeting for anything in the world.

Take away my problems and I'll take away yours, even if it just for a few seconds.

We pull away for the second time and lean our foreheads together, smiling at each other. This moment has been amazing. This tiny moment in my life when I can think everything is going to be alright.

"I love you, James," She whispers, pulling me into a hug.

I close my eyes in her embrace, remembering her warmth and the way she makes me feel.

I just don't want this to end, "I love you too, Riley,"

***
A/N: I haven't really written a proper kissing scene before but I hope it wasn't too bad...

Also apologies for it being so short and the delay haha, I was sleeping when everyone said yes to a second update but I'll make it up to you by announcing that I have a new book in the works!

It will be posted after this book is finished.

Oh and follow me on Instagram if you have the chance: @Fan4rtists

New chapter out tomorrow! Thanks so much for 2K reads! ❤️