//J - 29//

When she says that word I just feel like everything we've been through has been the most amazing part of my life.

I place a hand on Riley's cheek and trace her lips with my thumb. She smiles and I lean in to kiss her.

She grabs the back of my hoodie and slides her other hand down my chest as pull her closer to me.

I haven't been this happy for a very long time.

I run my hands through her soft hair, feeling her lips on mine.

This is it then, my heart and my future are now complete so what's next? I guess this is the universe's answer to giving me my happiness.

There's no words to describe the feeling of when I'm with Riley.

We pull apart slowly and I our foreheads together, noses touching, we laugh shyly at each other and smile.

I pull away slightly to look into her eyes, "Riley... I-"

"Hey lovebirds, sorry to interrupt but can you please come in here?" Miss Kate shouts suddenly from her office

We laugh embarrassed that Miss Kate saw that but I take Riley's hand and we walk over.

"What's up?" I ask

"'What's up' is that we got a call from Regionals,"

"And...?" Riley searches for the end of the sentence.

"We are the chosen wildcard for Regionals!" Miss Kate shouts

Riley jumps into my arms, "We're going to Regionals again, James!"

I hug her tightly, I can't believe it that means we have a second chance at making our way to the top, "So we have to do the small groups?" I ask

Miss Kate nods, "And this time we are going to be better then every. Now if you two would excuse me, I have to call all the parents and tell them that the studio is not closing down and we are back in Regionals again,"

We both laugh and I take Riley to the juice bar, "So... wanna go on a date tonight?" I ask

She looks at me with a happy expression, "Sure, James,"

I smile at Riley and I can't help but fall in love with her every single day, "You're beautiful," I whisper

Riley blushes, "You don't look to bad yourself,"

I laugh, "No but seriously, you're perfect,"

"Thank you, James," Riley replies, looking down shyly at the table, "That means the world to me,"

I started from under the ground and she picked me up. When I closed the door, she stuck her foot in it and let herself inside. When she was down, I made her fly.

There's a reason we belong and now it seems I've found it. I found it in her. We found it in each other.

"I love you, Riley," I whisper and kiss her softly on the cheek.

Riley at me in surprise, like she's never heard me say that before, "And no matter what, I love you too, James," She answers softly

I know what I want to do for the rest of my life, my future has always been uncertain and who knows what's going to happen next? We might win Regionals then Nationals and then finally Internationals with the team, my dance family. After that is done, I could travel the world with Riley and then settle down as the owner of the studio. Maybe one day we might get married.

It was this reason, this connection that brought us together and made us belong, all the way from the land and sea and finally we've reached the top of that Rocky Mountain with natural spring water.

Riley glances at me with her beautiful smile. I would gladly wake up everyday with her next me. She has a smile that could light up this whole world.

From that first time I saw her dance on stage to the moment she came into town as a new girl. I knew I loved her.

I love her with all my heart.

Now back to what you were saying, I think the question was, why do I dance?

I dance because it makes me happy.

But now it seems I've found something else that also makes me happy...

THE END

***
Thank you so so much for reading!

Check out my Instagram: @Fan4rtists
And my main writing account:
@humblebragging

I really appreciate all the comments, votes and funny stuff you guys have done on the story. I have really enjoyed writing There's a Reason We Belong so expect more books from me in the future!

Thank you to the silent readers (Yas I know you're reading 😂), very vocal readers and readers who just read. You are all so amazing 😊

❤️ THANK YOU! ❤️