//J - 11//

To me, the duet is about two lovers who depend and trust on each other. If one of them gets lost, the other one will find them.

It's about connections. Connections that cannot be separated by land or sea.

I'm the one who choreographed it but I don't believe that Michelle brings any justice to the dance.

Dance isn't just about dancing. There's also the emotional quality you put into the performance.

And Riley is the one who understands that but I notice that she's holding back from something during the dance.

"What's wrong?" I ask

She looks up at me nervously, "I was thinking of maybe adding a move to the dance. I mean, your choreography is great and everything-"

"Sure," I interrupt with a small smile

Riley has a habit of worrying about everything which is the opposite to me but I appreciate that we are so different. It's like she's another part of me.

"Maybe add a lift," She suggests.

I nod and pick her up jokingly, putting her above my head, "What like this?"

She laughs, "Put me down, James! Put me down,"

I do place her down and smile at her but I quickly change my expression to a more serious one.

Riley has just made me felt something that I haven't felt in a long time. She made me feel happy. No one in this entire planet can make me feel like that. It's only been her.

"James, are you okay?"

I look at her and nod, "Yeah, perfectly fine,"

She hold her gaze, "I know you're not so stop lying to me," I just shrug and walk off to my bag, "James! Stop trying to avoid your problems by walking away. That's what you always do, walk away,"

I turn back to her, angrily, "This is up to me now, this is my decision. My heart or my future. I've already chosen and there's no going back,"

"I know you're not happy with Michelle," She whispers

"What do you know with what Michelle and I have?"

"I can see how you look at her. There's something dead in your eyes, you're not the same anymore, "Riley answers and turns away.

"Wait, Riley!" I grab her hand and turn her to face me.

"What do you want from me, James? Why do you even bother asking me to come study with you every Monday if you don't want to talk to me about anything. I'm always here for you if you need help, obviously you don't feel the same way!" She shouts

I'm losing my best friend. Riley has been my safe place. A place where I can hide my problems away from everyone. I can't lose her.

"Hey, I got you something," I whisper, "It's from the top of a mountain," She looks at me with confusion. I hand her my bottle of water, "Natural spring mountain water,"

She takes it with a smile. To some people it would mean nothing but I'm showing her that I'm trying to make things right.

It's from the top of a mountain but I'll climb higher for Riley.