//R - 24//

I arrive at the studio with a heavy heart. I still can't believe we didn't make it close to Regionals.

I enter Studio A and find Miss Kate's office crowded with people all creating a commotion.

I push through everyone and make my way to her desk where she is standing up with a sad expression on her face.

"Hello, everyone. I'm sad to announce that I will be shutting down The Next Step dance studio next month," She whispers, I can tell that she's trying to hold back tears. I heard that Miss Kate grew up in this studio and her mother formerly owned it, "After our lose in Regionals, parents have decided to move their kids to join Elite. We are now losing a lot of money, especially after the costumes we had to buy for Regionals,"

People whisper around me and I catch sight of Giselle crying. I move towards her and give her a hug, "I can't believe it," She sobs in my ear

"Elite has also bought the building... Unfortunately, with no money we cannot save this place. I know it has been a home to all of us..." That's when Miss Kate breaks down, the crowd of people gathered around her office all break down as well.

We all hug each other in a big circle. This has been a family to us and now it's going away.

I look over at the sea of faces and James is not here. Maybe he has left as well.

I get out of the crowd and make my way to the music room, sitting down on the piano bench. I moved to this place because no one accepted me where I was.

And now that people have accepted me here, everything is just falling apart.

I pull my knees to my chin and look at the polished floor. I don't want to dance at Elite, I want to dance at the Next Step.

There's has to be something we can do. Without this place, I wouldn't have met James or Chloe or everyone here.

The door opens and Michelle comes in, she hesitates before sitting next to me.

"I'm guessing you wanted to get away from the crowd as well," She says

I nod, after what happened with James and her I don't get why she is talking to me. I don't even think she forgave us.

"Michelle, I'm so sorry-"

She shakes her head and fiddles with her hands, "No, it's okay. I understand. I've always loved James but I know that he loves you,"

I look over at her, "You guys are still going to be friends, right?"

Michelle shrugs, "I guess so but it'll take awhile. I don't entirely forgive him for using me. He feels so much guilt from doing it so I can tell he never wanted to hurt me, he wanted to try. It was my father's fault, for trying to bride James into being with me to get into some stupid job. How's he doing anyway?"

I look back down at the floor again, "Honestly, I don't know,"

"Well, I can tell you one thing though Riley," Michelle says with a smile

"What?" I ask curiously

"I'm okay if you two date each other,"