Tying The Knot

By: empressium
Genre: smut
Posted on AO3
Words: 3283
Jungkook active
Bottom jimin
___________

Summary:
it's kind of a big fucking deal

There's always a certain stigma that comes with mating, properly mating because it's kind of the biggest decision anyone can ever make in their entire actual literal lives. And people start talking about it from pup-age onwards, whispering about how those who mate too early are stuck with mates they don't like, how bonds can be broken, but the process leaves behind shells of bodies--and not even that sometimes--fragments of shells of bodies. And those who mate too late are forever unsatisfied, too taken by the choices and possibilities, too taken with the lives they could have lived with their mates if only they had just chosen sooner, if only they hadn't dragged it out so long, waited and waited till the one had slipped from between their fingers and they had to settle for... something less than the picture perfect life they'd imagined for themselves when they were still pups, eyes wide as night, bright as stars.

They meet on a street corner, across from the local market, where there's a community garden for those backyard enthusiasts who live in a city where backyards aren't exactly an option. They meet by accident, one of those accidents that are everything but accidental, and Jimin swears that everyone else who had come before, everyone else who had warned him about falling in love had just done it wrong because they can't have knownthis kind of love. This kind of meant to be, the kind that sparks when eyes meet eyes, the kind that sizzles down his spine and curls at the base of his torso and torments him for days on end.

He doesn't even know the boy's name.

"Jungkook," the boy says, when Jimin opens his door with his heart thudding up against his voice box, the scent impossible to miss, civet, hyrax, and castoreum--the definition of musk. Jimin swallows and feels his own pupils dilate.

"Jimin," Jimin answers, stepping aside to let Jungkook in. Jungkook dips his head with something of a shy smile (Jimin hadn't known alphas could be shy but maybe it was all just a ruse, some beautiful ploy to make Jimin his, and Jimin isn't entirely opposed), peering into Jimin's studio flat, nose twitching.

"Sorry to just come barging in like this," Jungkook says, voice catching along the edge, slightly gruff as he turns to look at Jimin, whole body thrumming with a kind of invisible energy that hums through the air and strikes every single chord Jimin has to offer.

Jimin shakes his head, "No, no--it's fine." still holding the door open with a hand, his back pressed to the wall, head buzzing with the dull heat washing over his entire body, the result of having Jungkook so damn close. He's never reacted to an alpha like this before.

"Can I?" Jungkook asks, gesturing towards the rest of Jimin's flat. Jimin nods, blinking as his eyes catch on the flex of Jungkook's shoulders and he lets the door fall shut behind him, following Jungkook into his own house, feeling more like a stranger than he's ever felt before. Jimin makes coffee and almost burns himself when pouring Jungkook a cup, but Jungkook only grins and tells him it’s delicious. They share bites of silence, crumbles of sound, conversation, their voices mingling over their half empty mugs, neither of them quite ready or willing to mention the other energy at work in the room, twisting around the pair of them so that when they look up from their own hands, at the same exact moment, and their eyes catch like zippers or lace or huge, wide-knit sweaters, Jimin almost doesn't swallow the whine at the back of his throat in time and Jungkook has to bite back a growl that's been rumbling through his chest since the second he set foot into Jimin's house.

How do people miss this?

This.

They were made to mate for life for a reason, and this is it. Because there's only one other person out there, that's made for them.