Epiphany

Since you and Will got home yesterday he had been on edge. He had been pacing, tapping, doodling. Basically doing anything to distract himself..

*Cough, cough, cough*

You turned the page.

*Cough, cough, cough*

You turned the page.

*Cough, cough, splat*

You looked up, slowly closing the book. You laid it down quietly on the side of Will's bed. Listening for anything else, you wondered if you only imagined the sounds, you turned Will's stereo off just to be sure.

*Cough, cough, cough*

"Will honey, are you okay?" Mrs. Byers shouted from the living room.

"Shit, shit, shit!" You muttered stumbling over the bed, there was no bloody way that you could manage to get to the bathroom without Joyce hearing or seeing the door open. Even though it was only across the hall.

"Will?" Joyce called for him again.

Oh God, something's happened, he's not replying, you thought. What if Joyce walked in?! Surely she would find out about everything. This is bad, Will could be passed out, or- or throwing up or.. dea-

"Umm, yeah I'm okay mum I've just got a cold is all" finally Will replied.

Taking a big breath out you flopped back onto the bed, but on the contrary, although he did reply it didn't necessarily mean that he was okay. He could've just been saying it to reassure his mum.

You heard Will say goodbye to his mum a few minutes after he came out of the bathroom, as she was heading off to work. Jonathon was out with Nancy, doing some photography lessons, so once again you and Will had the house to yourself for a bit. No more sneaking around trying to keep your actions quiet.

Once you heard the door shut there was no movement from Will, no sound. Nothing. The house was quiet. You furrowed your brows and stood up, reaching for the door. You had your hand on the cold copper handle but you jumped back when Will flung the door open, nearly knocking it off its hinges.

"What the hell (y/n)?" Will was... angry.

Your eyes widened, but you decided to keep your cool.

You cleared your throat.

"What Will?"

"I'm pretty DAMN sure you heard me nearly suffocate in that bathroom but you didn't do anything." Will folded his arms, his stance (much like his stare) was cold.

"Will I couldn't have done anything otherwise your mum would see.."

"So you left me there on my own to cough up a part of hell? You could have climbed out of the window and snuck around (y/n). You're meant to help me not desert me."

You could barely get any more words out of your mouth, it became dry and sore.

"Wil-"

"What?!" Will raised his eyebrows.

You shook your head, you had no more to say. Will turned around and slammed the door. Leaving you in a dark room, isolated. The evening light was casting tall shadows around the room, everything felt so cold. The objects in the room no longer looked like objects, they were more like silhouettes. The silence started to create a static like ringing noise in your ears, it started to infect your hearing like a virus. You couldn't feel your legs as you stood there, staring ahead - you were too busy thinking about what had just happened. Will had never shouted at you before, normally he speaks so softly and is very understanding. But of course you knew the real reason why he lashed out at you, and obviously, you didn't want to admit it. Your hearing wasn't the only thing that was being infected.