There's a Chance for us, Blue Jumper Boy.

There was a knock on the bathroom door.

You opened your eyes and jolted up from the edge of the bath.

"Y/N? You okay? You've been in there half an hour" It was just Will.

You reached up unlocked the bathroom door, Will slowly pushed it open, he stepped into the room and looked at you sat down.

"I feel like there's some odd parallel here" You spoke softly.

Will folded his arms, "How do you mean?"

You tried to swallow that lump in your throat again, "When you fainted, after coughing up that slug, the first time. You were sat here and I was stood where you are"

Will nodded slowly and sat down next to you, "I see that"

There was a silence between you two for a while, you both sat on the floor by the bath - mulling over the odd parallel you had just mentioned. Perhaps it was symbolic of something, maybe not.

Will dragged you out of your thoughts when he spoke, "Why is the floor wet? And why are the taps on?"

"Oh," You chuckled slightly and looked up, "I was running a bath - I think I just zoned out"

Will turned the sink off, then reached over you to turn the bath off and unplug it. He carefully stuck a hand in the water.

"This is far too warm," He spoke, "You would've burned yourself"

You rested your head against the bath and closed your eyes.

"Hey" Will said, trying to get your attention.

You opened your eyes and looked over to him, not moving your body or your head.

Will stared at you for a second then stuck his hand out, gesturing for you to grab it - you took it, hesitantly, and he pulled you to your feet.

He turned the cold tap on in the bath, "You don't want to burn"

Without another thought, word, or glance Will walked out of the bathroom and back into the living room.

You locked the door again and reached for the thermometer in the first aid kit, you checked the temperature of the remaining water in the bath.

14 Celsius , 57 Fahrenheit.

You placed the thermometer down on the edge of the bath, and slowly dipped your hand into the water for yourself.

You found it too warm.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

20 minutes later you had changed into some comfier clothes, dried your hair from your bath, and had made yourself a cup of tea.

You were stood out on the porch, slowly and consistently sipping away at your drink.

It was getting later into the afternoon, and for some reason the same thoughts kept ticking over in your head as you stared out down the long dirt road which intertwined itself into the forest. What if Mike came along the road, riding his bike?  What if he dropped his bike in front of the house and came up to you? Would he be angry? sad? Why would he have come at all?

You don't really know why but the scenario just kept playing over in your mind, with a different out come every time.

Your chain of thoughts was once again broken by Will's presence, he had opened the front door to join you on the porch.

"Let's have a look at your nose," He spoke, smoothly.

Placing your tea down, Will grabbed your arm and spun you to face him.