The Robin in the Woods

It was two days after the power cut, apparently the blackout had affected all of Hawkins so the school had to close for a day. Joyce and Jonathon didn't get home until 10 am the next day, Mike had to sleepover again as the rain had made all the paths leading from their house a slip 'n' slide. So you could barely walk or cycle and driving a car was out of the question.

Jonathon had given Will, Mike and you (unknowing to him) a lift to school the next day once everything was cleared up. You sat in the middle at the back, but of course, you couldn't wear a seat belt. Which was unfortunate seen as Jonathon had to make an emergency brake in order not to hit a deer. You flung forwards but luckily Will and Mike both had their arm/s out to catch you.

As you were walking into the school you whispered to Will, "Will, what are we gonna do if... I flicker again?"

"Improvise I guess" He sighed, "It's all you can do"

"Hey, you okay Will?" You asked.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah I'm good" He replied.

But of course, you didn't believe him. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Will didn't feel good all day. Throughout drama he was zoned out, he didn't speak to anybody he just got on with his work.

They were told to do a piece on something that scares them, using techniques from the play-write Artaud.

You sat in the lighting and sound booth the whole time, watching Will. He tried his best to act considering how much he could move his arm. When he collapsed yesterday he had landed on it, so it didn't make things any better.

There was one point when they were all arguing about what to do the play on Will was just looking at the floor. But when he spoke, you couldn't quite catch what he was saying. All you saw was the group nodding and talking calmly - they had agreed on what to do.

The first group went, their's was about a mental asylum. They had some different music and sounds in it.

The second group went, they did theirs on an alien abduction. The piece was rather abstract.

Finally, Will's group went, their's was about a government conspiracy. The way everybody moved and spoke was chilling. You loved the piece but at the same time, you didn't.

You were walking with Will and the boys to P.E. Suddenly you felt a pain in your chest and had to cling onto Will's arm.

"Are you okay?" He whispered and turned to you.

Mike looked over to you.

"Oh fuck, shit, (y/n) you've just flickered" Mike whispered, a slight panic in his voice.

"What?!" Oh God, this wasn't good, you were in a packed hallway full of nosy and obnoxious teenagers.

"(y/n) just keep your head down and keep walking normally" Will muttered.

You nodded. You Will and Mike were walking, almost robotically, so much for acting normal or even natural. You kept looking at each other. The seconds seemed to turn into minutes.

Lucas looked over to Will, just about to ask him if he could borrow a spare top for P.E until he spotted you. You felt his glare on you, so you looked up, an unbelievably desperate look on your face, shook your head and put a finger to your lips.

You had nearly reached the changing rooms and you still hadn't flickered back yet.

You were starting to feel incredibly anxious, there was nowhere you could hide.