Crimson Sky

It was a week after the party and the evening before Will was going back to school since his injury.

Mike was around at Will's house, helping him catch up on some Maths homework that he had missed.

"Okay, so for this triangle we are finding that missing angle sooo... that's trigonometry" Mike was looking over the question.

"Yeah, so finding the side is Pythagoras and the angle is trigonometry?" Will asked.

"Yeah, I think so... (y/n) you're better at this than me - is that right?" Mike turned around on his chair to ask you, currently, you were halfway through Lord of The Rings and totally engrossed in the chapter. You were laid down on Will's bed, legs crossed and you were tapping your nails on your book as you were reading.

"(y/n)?" Mike asked again.

Will noticed the silence then turned around himself. He looked at you then Mike and proceeded to cough to get your attention.

You looked up, "Oh sorry, I was reading, what did you want?"

"Pythagoras equals side, Trigonometry equals angle.. right?" Will asked

"Yes," You replied, "Remeber Soh Cah Toa for Trigonometry - and if you can't use either of those methods then it might be Sine or Cos - Sine rule, don't think you need to get into that yet though"

"Thank you!" Will spun back around and so did Mike.

Mike whispered, "How does she know this?"

"Noooo idea" Will replied.

Will and Mike continued to do the maths whilst you continued to read.

Your eyes kept being drawn to Will, his breathing was heavy and he continuously switched how he was sitting, fidgeting.

He glanced over his shoulder and you two made eye contact.

"Are you okay?" You mouthed.

Will shook his head and pointed to his throat, his eyes were being to look watery and red.

You could tell that he was trying to hold it in around Mike.

"Don't hold it in" You once again mouthed.

Will shook his head and turned back around.

"You okay Will?" Mike asked. He had obviously spotted his odd behaviour as well.

Before Will had a chance to speak, you stood up.

"Yeah, he just wants to talk to me" You grabbed Will's hand and hurried him to the bathroom Jonathon was outside cooking some burgers for dinner on the BBQ and Joyce was sat outside with him.

You flung open the bathroom door, got Will in and locked the door tight.

"Will go to the toilet, not the sink" You whispered.

There was no coughing, no gagging Will just opened his mouth and spat out the slug, along with some blood.

"That's not good" You look at the blood and slime mix.

You blinked and flushed the toilet, watching the slug disappear forever.

Will relaxed on his knees and took a few deep breaths in.

You knelt down, matching his level, and put a hand on his back "You okay Will?"

He nodded, "Just need a minute"

Soon later you helped him stand up and he washed his hands.

"Hey, guys are you okay?" You heard Mike shout from the bedroom.